Quote by sage76

Amazing thing is the other motorists just drove by without caring.

That's not amazing at all, psychologists have pretty well explained why that happens, it's called Genovese Syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genovese_syndrome

People should really know about it, so that when they have a heart attack on the street they can combat it and get people to help.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by SchecterDean
That's pretty sad. Also, why do you search for these topics?

It was on my local TV news so I posted it. Why would you assume I "searched" for it?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
That's not amazing at all, psychologists have pretty well explained why that happens, it's called Genovese Syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genovese_syndrome

People should really know about it, so that when they have a heart attack on the street they can combat it and get people to help.

GODDAMMIT PADDY. Why do you always have to post exactly what I'm going to post?

Yeah, anyway, this happens all the time. Like when Kitty Genovese was raped and murdered, and numerous witnesses heard the whole thing, but did nothing (hence the name for the syndrome).
And it's CCTV footage. It's clear what's happening but it's not close enough to be gruesome. So if that is why you are not watching, it's not a problem.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by sage76
And it's CCTV footage. It's clear what's happening but it's not close enough to be gruesome. So if that is why you are not watching, it's not a problem.
That's not really the reason; I just don't particularly enjoy watching people getting beaten to death.

EDIT: And if I become susceptible to this sort of stuff, I would never leave the house!

Me.
Last edited by fender_696 at Jul 13, 2011,
I'm not exactly the most sensitive to shit like this... but I can tell you the actions (guy picking up and throwing the rock) is ****ing gruesome. Just because you can't see the gore doesn't make it much less disturbing......... I didn't even watch it all.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Holy Katana
GODDAMMIT PADDY. Why do you always have to post exactly what I'm going to post?

Yeah, anyway, this happens all the time. Like when Kitty Genovese was raped and murdered, and numerous witnesses heard the whole thing, but did nothing (hence the name for the syndrome).

IIRC someone later pointed out that her murder probably wasn't really witnessed by many people at all, but it did inspire a lot of research
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ive seen worse, it's just sad that as an advanced race on this earth we still feel the need to do this.
Quote by sage76
It was on my local TV news so I posted it. Why would you assume I "searched" for it?

didn't know.
This reminds me of those two boys that were killed because they were accused of robbing someone.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Slaughtered
I'm not exactly the most sensitive to shit like this... but I can tell you the actions (guy picking up and throwing the rock) is ****ing gruesome. Just because you can't see the gore doesn't make it much less disturbing......... I didn't even watch it all.

Yeah, it's kinda like A Clockwork Orange. Not a gory film at all (I can't even recall if there's any bloodshed at all), but it's extremely violent.