I notice a lot of people say that softer picks will be better if you want speed.
My question is..........

Is this true?

Thanks,
A lot of people say the opposite as well...
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
It really depends, I play speed/ thrash metal with Jazz picks. their like 1.23 If im not mistaken, quite a thick pick but yes a thin pick could help you because there's less resistance between the pick and the string.
wut.
This is the opposite of what I've heard and kept to - The thicker the pick: the faster your picking speed :-)
I think a better measure would be the actual thickness and material of the pick.

In comparison to a 3mm stubby pick made out of reinforced glass, a 1mm Jazz III would be soft.

I find I prefer 0.8mm - 1mm for fast picking, Ultex or Jazz III. Anything less than 0.7mm is too soft for fast picking.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
it depends more on material and shape, the v-picks are the best ive tried so far, especially for speed since they just glide over the strings but still have awesome attack due to the design/material
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard