Is it possible to learn to sing from scratch. I sound really bad at the moment and I can't really afford singing lessons, any advice?
vocals forum

and probably, some people def have a nicer sounding voice than others, but ive heard some pretty good singers say they think anyone can learn to sing
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jul 13, 2011,
My voice used to be pretty bad but in the past couple years it has improved a lot (youtube link in sig). Just practice a lot and don't push your voice too hard (like hitting too high notes). I blew my voice out awhile ago trying to sing Chris Cornell stuff without working my way up the higher ranges.
Quote by holycow
wrong website bra
http://www.ultimate-vocals.com

That doesn't really work when there is a forum on this website dedicated to singing.

TS, can anyone learn to play guitar?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Mother Flame
My voice used to be pretty bad but in the past couple years it has improved a lot (youtube link in sig). Just practice a lot and don't push your voice too hard (like hitting too high notes). I blew my voice out awhile ago trying to sing Chris Cornell stuff without working my way up the higher ranges.

Hey, you do sound pretty good! Are you aware the verse to Follow Me Down sounds quite a lot like I'm Yours by Jason Mraz?

OT, if you're not tone deaf you can improve beyond your own expectations. Getting the pitches correctly, but also controlling your breathing and sounding more powerful.
I have learned how to sing alright just by singing along songs that I like when I happened to be alone or while just driving around. You should read about how to sing from your Diaphragm.
Quote by frankv
Hey, you do sound pretty good! Are you aware the verse to Follow Me Down sounds quite a lot like I'm Yours by Jason Mraz?

OT, if you're not tone deaf you can improve beyond your own expectations. Getting the pitches correctly, but also controlling your breathing and sounding more powerful.

Haha Jason Maraz wasn't really what I was going for, but thanks for listening!