I'm looking at getting a cheapo jackson offset V and making in into my own Alexi custom.

i know it'll be a lot of work and i'll certainly make a thread when i do it.

my only question is if the holes for the TOM bridge on the guitar are in the same area that i'll have to route for the FR?

i'll be filling in the neck pick up route and also filling in the holes for the string through.

Will i have holes for the TOM ouside of my route for the FR? or does the FR route cover up where the TOM holes currently are.

This is the guitar that i'll probably be getting:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-js32t-rhoads-electric-guitar

And I DO realize that this guitar is also offered with a FR from the factory. The string-through's are just alot more common and much cheaper on ebay.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Compare pictures, But most likely you will have to fill in where the TOM is sunk into the body, maybe not
so i'd have to fill the holes for the TOM, then route for the Floyd. shouldn't be too much trouble.

and it'll definitely be cheaper than the real ESP Alexi custom.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
an extra $100-ish to drop on a project guitar?
the FR versions seem to be going from 350-400 on ebay, where as the TOM models easily go under 200.
i'll be doing the work with a very experienced woodworker, in a full machine shop, so the routing will be no big deal.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Youll spend an extra 100-ish for a good FR
I found a Schaller FR for 156
A licensed for 200ish
Thats the full set Locking nut springs spricg calw and such.
Either way Floyd Roses kick ass. I wanted to drop a floyd into my c250 but my dad is a douchebag.
Quote by TylerM262
Youll spend an extra 100-ish for a good FR
I found a Schaller FR for 156
A licensed for 200ish
That's the full set Locking nut springs spring claw and such.

exactly. i'd rather use that $100 to get at least a DECENT FR instead of the bottom of the barrel that would come on the jackson.

also, i fixed your spelling errors
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Ill be going for a black fr style, perhaps OFR, not sure yet.
I'm going for the same exact guitar that Alexi uses, except mine will be bolt neck, alder body, and hopefully under $400 in Parts.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Please for the love of God(vai ftw!) get an OFR they're the best(other than the Edge III by Ibanez) and cheapest if you buy them at the right place.
Where would you suggest getting the OFR from?
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Thanks
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Thank again!
I'll make sure I do get the correct nut also.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc