Page 1 of 5
I am a complete mess right now. Every once in awhile I think about this and am sure everyone else does too. But right now this is really ******* me up. My greatest fear is what comes after death. Just the thought of losing all of my memories, emotions, and loved ones instantly brings tears to my eyes. This has been on my mind every waking moment for the past week and it's taking over me. What's the point of living if you will one day lose everything you've come to love? What the **** dude...
The point of living is whatever you want to make it. You must come to terms with the inevitable absence of an afterlife before you fully embrace this life for what it is.
What makes me more upset, is the fact that you won't ever feel anything after it. You won't be alive. For 1000000000000000000000000000000000 years.

All good now?
Just picture what it was like before being born. That's what it'll most likely be like.

edit: Oh, I should probs read the entire OP before posting.

trololololololol
Those things are things you shouldn't concern about until you get close to dieing. Really. You could die at any time at any way, but you shouldn't think about that you might die once all the time. In the middle ages and renaissance there were both Carpe Diem and Memento Mori. I'd prefer the first one, just make a nice time out of it, and if it's done, it's done. Don't worry about it, you'll really sicken up your life.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
You'll be dead. It won't matter.

If you're an atheist, there is nothing. If you believe in some deity, you might go to Heaven of some kind. Either way, it won't matter.

I'd be more worried about how you go out.
Don't worry about all that. You'll be too dead to miss it.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
You were fine before you were born, you'll be fine after you die.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by DudE132
I am a complete mess right now. Every once in awhile I think about this and am sure everyone else does too. But right now this is really ******* me up. My greatest fear is what comes after death. Just the thought of losing all of my memories, emotions, and loved ones instantly brings tears to my eyes. This has been on my mind every waking moment for the past week and it's taking over me. What's the point of living if you will one day lose everything you've come to love? What the **** dude...

Honestly, I've had a number of episodes of what could probably constitute as a panic attack over this. If it's really bad at the moment go for a jog or a bike ride or just something to calm down and maybe get your mind off of it. Sooner or later though you will have to come to terms with it, and then hopefully you it won't bother you as much or at least as often.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

make the best of it love,fuck,laugh,cry,run,jump, live life to the fullest dude.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Jul 13, 2011,
It's ok. You're being reincarnated. Good luck out there, little chinese baby!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

On every tombstone there are 2 dates and a dash. The dash is the life you lived in between.
It doesn't matter what comes afterwards, just enjoy the dash in between the dates.
Getting all fearful and philosophical?
Have you just had your first wank?

Because I get all philosophical after masturbating.

I can safely tell you that when you die a lonely homeless person will shag your corpse.
what? I got kicked out and I'm tired of masturbating >_>
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by DudE132

Woah dude.

First of all, there are many "points" in living. Pleasure, happiness, etc. just because you will eventually lose everything doesn't mean you can't enjoy them now. People always say "life is short derp derp", don't mind that, how long life is doesn't really matter. When you're dead, you're not going to be there to acknowledge how bad it is that you are dead. You won't care. There really is no point in thinking about it too much. The best you can do is rebel against it and enjoy your life.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Just picture what it was like before being born. That's what it'll most likely be like.

This.

Calm down, man. Life is a free go.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I think of it like it doesn't matter when you die because you can't feel anything cause you gone well maybe you can but you know
Why worry about it? You can't control it. If there is nothing after death, you wont feel bad about it because you wont exist.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Professional help. Get it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The only ones that are afraid of death are those who know they aren't in good road.
Quote by the_white_bunny
and pay taxes.

sigged

TS, the only salvation for you is to kill yourself now and see if you can become a ghost
Quote by the_white_bunny
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
You don't have to die. You need to roll a double to get another go. Then ride on into the sunset in your metal boot.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by rockingamer2
Professional help. Get it.

That's funny coming from a feminist.

please, no hurt me. I was in jest.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by DudE132

A year or so ago I was having multiple panic attacks a day, thinking about what comes after death was one of many reasons for those panic attacks. The best advice I can give you is to stop worrying about it, because death is inevitable.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
blah blah blah QQ Emo Slash slash?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Just come to terms with the fact that you will most likely just cease to exist. There isn't any evidence to support an afterlife of any sort, so it's silly to spend your whole life worrying about what will happen after you're dead. Just live your life to the fullest and make sure that when you're on your deathbed that you have no regrets.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
As a Christian, I feel obligated to tell you to give your life to Christ.

/religious responsibility

Just imagine how good you feel asleep i guess.
Quote by son_of_bodom
As a Christian, I feel obligated to tell you to give your life to Christ.

/religious responsibility

Just imagine how good you feel asleep i guess.

Lol providing you're not having a hellish nightmare ofc.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I used to feel the same way but...i'm not scared anymore. I guess it has to do with when i'm bored think about reality vs consciousness etc.
Quote by DudE132

PM me. I've trodden that path more times then anyone should withstand. The more you think about it, the worse it gets until you come to a revelation. But yes, PM me I'm sure I can help.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DudE132

Everyone knows you go to heaven when you die. Get with the program amigo.
Quote by CaptDin
Everyone knows you go to heaven when you die. Get with the program amigo.

Not the people that go to hell.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
You won't. You'll wake up on a puffy white cloud in front of some pearly gates. Shortly after you'll go to hell for not believing in an afterlife.
Quote by WaterGod
You won't. You'll wake up on a puffy white cloud in front of some pearly gates. Shortly after you'll go to hell for not believing in an afterlife.

Everyone knows that the first thing St Peter asks you is if you believed in dinosaurs. If you answer yes then you're dropped into hell while Pete says that god was fucking with you.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Nor the unbaptized babies

Of course, the deserve it more than anyone else.
Quote by L2112Lif
Page 1 of 5