I just bought a set of used pickups for my Squier to make it work again and I assembled everything but screwed up the last one. I tried to install the plastic pickup cap on and it was very tight,so I gave it a push. I realised it wasn't good so I took it off. I managed to rip some coil wires so now it gives no sound. What should I do? Use the coil wire from an older pickup or rewire? Maybe some solder over that part? Please answer. Thanks.
If you mean the wire sitting around the polepieces wrapping it, realistically id look for another pickup. You could rewrap it, that can be done by hand but honestly I wouldnt be bothered.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Paying 50 bucks for a pickup then just buying another one? No thanks,I'd like to try other options.
Unless you know how to wind pickups the right way, I would get another used pup.
Quote by chargerbandit
Paying 50 bucks for a pickup then just buying another one? No thanks,I'd like to try other options.

Your only other option is to rewind the pickup, its up to you if you want to try it

Lesson here is not to break what you cant replace
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Its either go spend money on wire or spend a little more money of a potentially better pickup......thr next LT step from there would be don't spend on pickups....save and get a guitar....and so on and so on....all depends on how much money u wana spend. What guitar/pickup is it?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
It's a Seymour Duncan SSL1 Vintage,some rare stuff around here and it is the perfect sound I am looking for. I recently got a new guitar which is awesome for my punk rock music but sometimes,you just need a cool singlecoil to jam some slow pretty stuff :P I guess I'll try to get some wire somewhere and rewire it.
Be careful if you wind it to much or to little you can mess with the pickups output...
If your fix dosnt work there a bunch of those pickups on ebay for around 50-60 bucks