actually min,

isnt that 28" DiFFrent?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by AcousticMirror
girls are always so concerned about a few extra inches.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

you probably wont notice too much of a diffrence, maybe a little less hi end, deeper bass but thats all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
While a 12" speaker's cone typically has more surface-area than a 10" speaker's cone, you are actually loosing surface-area since you are reducing the number of speakers from four to one. Now, this depends highly on what speakers were actually in the amp versus what they will be replaced with, but you'll probably be sacrificing low-end because of the loss of surface-area.

As to the change in top-end and mid-range... that depends completely on whatever speakers we're talking about.

My private opinion is that a 4x10" is a beautiful speaker-setup, and anyone who willingly destroys it should have his dick lopped off.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 13, 2011,
min, that made me lawl
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah in that case,
yes, it's a big difference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

in that case, you're going to a different amp as well. many characteristics of your tone will be different hahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
blues jr is a completely different amp compared to the blues deville
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
blues jr is a completely different amp compared to the blues deville

What do you suggest? Then. I use hd500
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
a power amp. for your digital modeler.

why are you getting an amp if you get all your noises and sounds from your modeler?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
a power amp. for your digital modeler.

why are you getting an amp if you get all your noises and sounds from your modeler?

Because i don't know WTF I'm doing. I want to cry. Rbh
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
What's a power amp?

Amps for electric guitars can be roughly divided into two parts:
1) preamp
2) power-amp

The preamp amplifies the signal from your guitar to a level that the power-amp can work with and typically does most of the tone-shaping in modern amps.

The power-amp takes whatever signal it is fed by the preamp and amplifies it to a level that is sufficient to drive a speaker.

Since your modelling processor is basically a kind of preamp, all you need in addition is some sort of power-amp and a speaker-cab and you'd be set.

You can, for example, consider Atomic Reactor amps (power-amp + speaker in one unit, basically looks like a regular combo for electric guitar).

Alternatively, you can use the effects loop on any regular amp to bypass it's preamp, effectively plugging your processor straight into the power-amp. Or you can plug the processor into an amp's front-end like you'd plug a guitar into it.