Poll: Which bass amp should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which bass amp should I get?
Gallien-Kruger MB115
3 27%
Peavey TKO 115
0 0%
TC Electronics BG500
8 73%
Voters: 11.
Hey whatsup guys,
So some of you might have seen my thread a while ago where I was asking if I should trade in my Rumble 75 for an Acoustic b100. Well long story short, I went in to my local gc, hated the b100, but came across an Ampeg BA115 and instantly went for it. Big mistake. I've been really dissatisfied with that amp since it came home, the volume controls are sketchy and I'm finding it nearly impossible to get a good tone I like out of it. So now is where your guys' help comes in. I want to make one final trade and end up with a bass amp that I'll really like. My budget is around 350 and the bass I'm using is a Schecter stiletto custom 4, and I play a lot of metal but also rock and various other stuff. It's gonna be for mostly home practice use, but also possibly some gigs. I already have 3 main candidates that I'm looking at and that I need help deciding on. They are:

Gallien-Kruger MB115: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-MB115-1x15-200W-Ultralight-Bass-Combo-Amp-105342471-i1473232.gc

Peavey TKO 115: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Tour-TKO-115-400W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp-105344311-i1445926.gc

TC Electronics BG500: http://www.guitarcenter.com/TC-Electronic-BG500-500W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp-106204282-i1538253.gc ( This may not end up being an option because I just found one on clearance for $350 at GC and it might be gone already)

So if you guys could vote on which one you might reccomend, and tell me if there are any other good ones for the price range I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Last edited by nirvanagrunge13 at Jul 13, 2011,
Of those, the TC Electronic would definitely be the best. Very nice amps.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Grab that TC!!

If it's gone, i'd go with the Peavey. I do love GK, but the MB115 is kinda meh, and the Peavey is just a better, more versatile, 1x15 combo... if you can save a bit more, i'd choose an MB210 over almost ANY other combo, though.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Went to GC today and luckily the TC was still there, grabbed it and its sounding sweet, not to mention it'll kick your ass haha. Thanks for the help guys =D
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Rad! Happy New Amp Day, dude!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Haha thanks man
Hey I got a question for anyone who might know about this amp, I read in one place that this model just got discontinued and that they dumped their last crap batch on guitarcenter for this price. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
I thought they were relatively new to be honest. But that being set the feature set leaves a bit to desired along with the sheer weight of the thing vs what's out there in that price range at the moment. That being said they're supposed to be fantastic sounding amps regardless of the previously mentioned stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if they took them back in to be re-designed with stuff like neo speakers and other little things.
Happy new amp day man! Did you get the 115 or the 210? Got some pics?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
I thought they were relatively new to be honest. But that being set the feature set leaves a bit to desired along with the sheer weight of the thing vs what's out there in that price range at the moment. That being said they're supposed to be fantastic sounding amps regardless of the previously mentioned stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if they took them back in to be re-designed with stuff like neo speakers and other little things.
Happy new amp day man! Did you get the 115 or the 210? Got some pics?

Got the 115 and I'll try to get some up later if i can
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!