Hi guys,

Been looking into getting a reverb pedal lately.
What i really want is to have like an ethereal sound. Preferable true bypass.

Just wanted to know what you guys would recommend best for the job.

I have looked at TC Electronics Hall of Fame, and the EHX Cathedral reverb, and they are both lovely, but is there better? And more to my needs?

Thanks for any help!

Damo
The Boss RV-3 and RV-5 and the Line 6 Verbzilla are great too. I really enjoy my Verbzilla.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The Electro-Harmonix Cathedral is my favourite reverb pedal. Lots of different reverb styles, extremely versatile, and the sound quality is top-notch.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
TC makes really nice stuff. I've had decent as well as terrible experiences with EHX, but some people like them. Depending on what you're looking to drop on a reverb pedal, look at the Strymon Blue Sky. If I wasnt going to get an Eventide H3000 in the future I'd get a blue sky.
Don't have a budget at the moment, just nothing over £250. Preferable under that though. For americans that will be like $400? well thanks for these options, I will check them out. Please keep replying people!
Quote by rokket2005
I've had decent as well as terrible experiences with EHX, but some people like them.

Could you elaborate a bit, please?
Because in the near future i'm going to buy a reverb pedal too, so i've tried many reverb pedals. The EHX Cathedral really stood out, i absolutely loved it, and it's currently on my wishlist.

But if you're talking about reliability issues i'd like to know, so i would stay away from it.
It may sound amazing, but if it isn't reliable...
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Ben, you're getting a Black Hole?!? Lucky bastard. TS, save for an Eventide Black Hole.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have an Eventide Eclipse... and I heard the Blackhole... yes, very ethereal, but so heavy in reverb that I never even use my Eventide. It works well if your tone is pretty clean without too much distortion, but sounds messy or out of place otherwise. Unless you're playing dreamlike songs (spacey), any Eventide is overkill. I'm currently on hold for a 5 tube reverb system from Carr Amps (should have it in about a month), but it's costly ($1200). Having said that, it's the only reverb that sound warm and natural to me... the others sound like you're playing in an aluminum building unless kept to a bare minimum... and if kept to a minimum, then all those other options and presets aren't really worth it for most playing.
Quote by Linkerman
Could you elaborate a bit, please?
Because in the near future i'm going to buy a reverb pedal too, so i've tried many reverb pedals. The EHX Cathedral really stood out, i absolutely loved it, and it's currently on my wishlist.

But if you're talking about reliability issues i'd like to know, so i would stay away from it.
It may sound amazing, but if it isn't reliable...

I had the knockout, and it probably sounded like it was supposed to. It sounded terrible.
A friend of mine had an SMM w/Hazarai and it stopped working within a month of him buying it. He bought it new. I'm not even sure what happened to it. He takes good care of his stuff, so i can't imagine it was user error.

Also keep in mind that I'm biased towards most things in the $80-200 price range when it comes to gear. EHX doesn't make the best of the best, and that's pretty much all I want to own.
STRYMON BLUESKY

it is THE best reverb i have used except for eventides reverb pedal. those are both amazingly awesome. although i think the strymon sounds more etheral, or can at least hit the tone better.
Quote by damo13
Don't have a budget at the moment, just nothing over £250. Preferable under that though. For americans that will be like $400? well thanks for these options, I will check them out. Please keep replying people!

Bluesky. No doubt about it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If I had that kind of cash to blow, I would've already spent it on a BlueSky. Demos sound amazing.
I've got a TC nova sys and the reverbs are excellent!!!
Quote by Sputnik1
If I had that kind of cash to blow, I would've already spent it on a BlueSky. Demos sound amazing.

I dont at the moment! But when i find something that i really want i am determined to get it!
I think the EHX Cathedral sounds awful. Give me a Nuenaber WET. Only about $200.
Quote by BobDetroit
I think the EHX Cathedral sounds awful. Give me a Nuenaber WET. Only about $200.

plusOne
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Eventide Space

end all for reverbs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Blue Sky, I'm glad I saved for one.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by xwearesinking
REVERB

you'll want at least one, preferably two reverbs on your board both capable of very long decay times. honestly, there isn't much to choose from as far as stompboxes go and i am pretty displeased with pretty much everything on the market. I use a Line 6 Verbzilla and a Boss RV-3 which are both recommended, but ultimately a little cold and sterile. you'll find this with any reverb stombox though. unfortunately, amp/spring reverb can't get nearly as long as you need it to for this sort of music. I'd highly recommend looking into some rack stuff. contrary to popular belief, it is actually cheaper than most stompboxes new if you know what you're looking for.

RECOMENDATIONS:

Stombox: Line 6 Verbzilla, Boss RV-2, RV-3, RV-5 (only for "Mod" setting), Yamaha Magicstomp, Zoom 507!

NOT the Holy Grail unless you intend on using it for only smaller scale reverbs. it really muddies up on the higher mix settings.

Rack : Korg DVR1000, Yamaha SPX900, Alesis Quadraverb(+, GT), Midiverb, Microverb, Nanoverb, Boss SE-50, SE-70, RRV-10

(the Alesis units are inherently noisey, you'll want to place them in an isolated loop).

From the gear for post rock thread. Note this is for the spacy post-rock type reverb, which might not be what you want. But really, this post is a gem, really good info
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Quote by xwearesinking

REVERB

you'll want at least one, preferably two reverbs on your board both capable of very long decay times. honestly, there isn't much to choose from as far as stompboxes go and i am pretty displeased with pretty much everything on the market. I use a Line 6 Verbzilla and a Boss RV-3 which are both recommended, but ultimately a little cold and sterile. you'll find this with any reverb stombox though. unfortunately, amp/spring reverb can't get nearly as long as you need it to for this sort of music. I'd highly recommend looking into some rack stuff. contrary to popular belief, it is actually cheaper than most stompboxes new if you know what you're looking for.

RECOMENDATIONS:

Stombox: Line 6 Verbzilla, Boss RV-2, RV-3, RV-5 (only for "Mod" setting), Yamaha Magicstomp, Zoom 507!

NOT the Holy Grail unless you intend on using it for only smaller scale reverbs. it really muddies up on the higher mix settings.

Rack : Korg DVR1000, Yamaha SPX900, Alesis Quadraverb(+, GT), Midiverb, Microverb, Nanoverb, Boss SE-50, SE-70, RRV-10

(the Alesis units are inherently noisey, you'll want to place them in an isolated loop).

From the gear for post rock thread. Note this is for the spacy post-rock type reverb, which might not be what you want. But really, this post is a gem, really good info

That post is really interesting...

I've checked prices for the Alesis rack units, and they're pretty affordable.
I might get one and throw it in my Laney's FX loop instead of getting a stompbox.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112