the title sounds confusing sorry

So I was talking to my guitarist about what tuning he would prefer to write in and he said Drop D tuning (DADGBD). Which I'm fine with I like the tuning on bass since its only (DADG).
But I was wondering if standard tuning on bass would sound good with Drop D on guitar. Often times when I'm writing bass line I like keeping them with a poppier sound to them, so on these poppy lines would it be possible for me to keep standard and him still be low?

(Our style is really weird, we play Classic Punk, Pop Punk, Post-Hardcore/Hardcore, and Metal)

So ya for writing does Standard on Bass sound good with Drop D on guitar?
Sure, you can do it. You won't have a low D on bass; you'd just have to use other D's. It's not really about what tuning you use, it's what notes you play.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
alright and also what is the best way to write bass lines? This is my first real time in my three year career of Bass trying to write lines and I'm wondering whats the best way to start writing as well? I know a lot of people take scales and add jumps to fit the rythm and everything but I don't wanna write boring lines like that. Our line up is me (bass, harsh vocals) my guitarist/vocals, my singer/rythm guitar, and my drummer. And with that it doesn't leave much for interest in melodies and stuff so I want to add counter melodies and such. Or at least write a decent hook in the bas
Theory, at least beginning theory. There is a FAQ on here with some beginner stuff, lots of books, websites (although, that last one may get you even more confused.) and if you do get confused, you are always welcome to come back here.

Once you know theory, writing becomes easy. For me, all it takes is a beat.
I too am a bass player.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by vampirelazarus
Theory, at least beginning theory. There is a FAQ on here with some beginner stuff, lots of books, websites (although, that last one may get you even more confused.) and if you do get confused, you are always welcome to come back here.

Once you know theory, writing becomes easy. For me, all it takes is a beat.
I too am a bass player.

Thanks any books you would suggest?