World Record Flight of the Bumblebee at 600 BPM? Didn't think this was real...

Page 1 of 2
There are already a couple threads on this I think.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Repost from the Pit too.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Horrible tone.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Horrible tone.

He uses MAD compression and he holds his pick upside down to 'brush' the notes more than pick them... Whatever it takes I guess. This has to be the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this on UG today.
Quote by arsenalstan
Most epic Flight of the Bumblebee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIEdzaAcW-c

Is that a music video or a deleted scene from one of the Bourne movies?

So. Much. Shaky. Cam.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jul 13, 2011,
i'm currently working on a world record slowest flight of the bumblebee, results to be posted 2084
I feel bad for anyone that lives with him and had to hear him practicing that at 500 BPM for hours.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Says the guy who plays doom metal.

BOOM!

I'm an old man, all this fast stuff is too much for my joints
🙈 🙉 🙊
Have to call bullshit on this. Firstly his hands arn't moving naturally so it looks very fake, secondly if he is indeed playing 16th notes at 600bpm then he is playing 40 notes every second which cannot be humanly possible.

The fastest guys like Vai and Petrucci don't go much further than 20 notes per second and when they do it isn't for very long.
He fapped for years nonstop to get that picking speed
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
Quote by Random3
Have to call bullshit on this. Firstly his hands arn't moving naturally so it looks very fake, secondly if he is indeed playing 16th notes at 600bpm then he is playing 40 notes every second which cannot be humanly possible.

The fastest guys like Vai and Petrucci don't go much further than 20 notes per second and when they do it isn't for very long.

Rusty Cooley, MAB, Jeff Loomis, Francisco Fareri all shoot for 20+ nps quite often
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Quote by Random3

Dude, it's real. There are world record people making sure it actually happened. They wouldn't have sped up his video, they were actually there witnessing it live.
Quote by Random3

The fastest famous guys, yes. You don't know that they're the fastest players because nobody gets famous off of just speed. They manage to integrate speed musically, whereas it's pretty hard to do anything musical sounding with sixteenths at 600bpm, as this video proves. Check out his original music and you'll understand, it's pretty bad.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Random3
Still not sure if I believe it, he is supposedly playing to within 10% of the fire rate of a minigun...

It costs 400,00 dollars to play that song... for twelve seconds...
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Scutchington

+1
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Dude, it's real. There are world record people making sure it actually happened. They wouldn't have sped up his video, they were actually there witnessing it live.

The fastest famous guys, yes. You don't know that they're the fastest players because nobody gets famous off of just speed. They manage to integrate speed musically, whereas it's pretty hard to do anything musical sounding with sixteenths at 600bpm, as this video proves. Check out his original music and you'll understand, it's pretty bad.

it was just show of skill (tho im not sure if it just "parkinsons" hand and sliding over frets, because i cant make out notes at that speed or accurate playing). If he is capable to play at 40nps, im fairly sure he could do something musical at 1/2 of that speed

Im just refuting the statement that its physically impossible
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
I kinda agree with the whole 40 notes a second being slightly hard to believe, but then again, it's in the Guinness book of records, which is official, so I'm gunna have to go with that.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I kinda agree with the whole 40 notes a second being slightly hard to believe, but then again, it's in the Guinness book of records, which is official, so I'm gunna have to go with that.

It was actually first recognized by this other site, RecordSetter.com. Guinness may have poached him from them!
This is NOT real -- his arms are clearly CGI'd or something. THIS FEAT IS NOT POSSIBLE...
Quote by 37 Narwhals
I feel bad for anyone that lives with him and had to hear him practicing that at 500 BPM for hours.

lol yeah
Quote by Scutchington

I hear someone building diaper changing station
This guy sucks!!!! He has nooo emoshun and he's playen fastur than 60 BPM!!!!! That's not moosical AT ALL!! Not to menshun his tone is terribul and Jimi Hendrix wuz bettur!!!!

Anyone who doesn't envy that guys accuracy is just jelly.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I've seen this same video about 8 times...

And off topic, I agree with 90% of your list, Jesiff.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Page 1 of 2