Page 1 of 3
Awesome
http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2011/dave-grohl-throws-fan-out-of-foo-fighters-show?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What do you think about performers stopping the song to kick someone out who's doing something like this? I personally think it was right of him to stop that guy from fighting, but some people (Axl) take it way too far.
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
Quote by genghisgandhi
If someone the pit didn't like did this (Axl Rose), people would be saying "THE GUY PAID 4 HIS TIKET AND HE KICKED HIM OOUT!? WTF?!?"

Not a good example: it'd be hypocrisy if Axl did it, seeing as he has jumped into the mosh pit to batter people.
Quote by genghisgandhi
If someone the pit didn't like did this (Axl Rose), people would be saying "THE GUY PAID 4 HIS TIKET AND HE KICKED HIM OOUT!? WTF?!?"

Actually, even if AC/DC kicked him out (most overrated band ever IMO) then I would say good on them. Fighting's pointless, even more so during a gig.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Well he could've put it a bit more, delicate? But people who fight at shows should be kicked out and I fully understand him!
Quote by genghisgandhi

So did all those people who didn't want to get their teeth kicked in at a Foo Fighters show. That guy deserved to get kicked out.
I don't think he was a mosher. Like the article on UG said.

Grohl talks about fighting, and he, having played for many heavy bands, should be able to tell the difference, also being a death metal fan.

Also, who tries to mosh during Skin & Bones?
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by mrcrono
So did all those people who didn't want to get their teeth kicked in at a Foo Fighters show. That guy deserved to get kicked out.

I never said that's how I think, I said that's how people generally would have though if Axl Rose or someone similar had done this.
Quote by Woffelz
Fighting in the mosh pit? Why was he fighting?

Cos he's so cool and badass.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Jako215
I think Dave is at the point where he could kill a baby on stage and still get applauded by the crowed. There is nothing wrong with what he did though.

Oh, the horrible thought of him doing that.

Kudos to Dave though, Josh Homme does that often from the videos I've seen.
I don't think he had the right to kick him out. Grohl had no idea what happened in the crowd. That guy might have been acting in defense of himself or someone else. Typical douchebag rockstar with a massive ego.
Kudos to him. I'd have done the same thing.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
look at me motha fuka look at me, hey hey hey, you in the striped shirt look at me, look at me mother fuka, look at me, GET THE FUK OUTA MY SHOW!

Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I don't think he had the right to kick him out. Grohl had no idea what happened in the crowd. That guy might have been acting in defense of himself or someone else. Typical douchebag rockstar with a massive ego.

You don't know what you're talking about. He saw that someone was fighting, and he kicked the person out. I would have done the same thing if I was in that situation.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
You don't know what you're talking about. He saw that someone was fighting, and he kicked the person out. I would have done the same thing if I was in that situation.

Nor did he. The guy could have been defending himself, or his friend, or his girlfriend, from one of the many assholes you encounter in gig crowds. It takes two people to fight.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

It doesn't matter. The dude was still fighting at a place where people were trying to enjoy themselves. If there was an actual problem he should have gone to the security group that is there, or any of the workers at the event, hell at most big shows like they would have been doing there are police. There are options other than fighting.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Nor did he. The guy could have been defending himself, or his friend, or his girlfriend, from one of the many assholes you encounter in gig crowds. It takes two people to fight.

or grohl saw the whole thing and the guy was just trying to fight with people...

give the one and only guy on stage who can see everything taking place some credit, ive been punched in the face at a gig before for no reason, and ive punched a guy in the face for grabbing a girls boob for no reason.

there are a lot of twats at gigs.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Kicking a douchebag out? Can't complain.

Stopping in the middle of a song? WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU DOING.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

It does take two people to fight, but if he only saw one doing anything then it's natural to assume that that he was the one doing it. If I saw the guy trying to go at it with someone then I would have gotten him kicked out. Also, the guy could have been close enough that Dave saw him throw a punch without any reason. The guy could have started it, and Dave might have seen it for all you know.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by genghisgandhi
I never said that's how I think, I said that's how people generally would have though if Axl Rose or someone similar had done this.

Oh sorry, yeah I know. I was just playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate haha.
They see me Grohl'n, they hatin'

Don't **** with the Grohl.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by tayroar
It doesn't matter. The dude was still fighting at a place where people were trying to enjoy themselves. If there was an actual problem he should have gone to the security group that is there, or any of the workers at the event, hell at most big shows like they would have been doing there are police. There are options other than fighting.

Have you ever been to a big show? You can't just stroll over to security, especially if you're in the middle of the crowd.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Have you ever been to a big show? You can't just stroll over to security, especially if you're in the middle of the crowd.

and good luck finding the guy again, or convincing the security to do anything after you are hammered

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Pagan-Pie

You have no idea that Dave had no idea. That guy may have been just beating on a girl, or several people. Maybe he saw the whole thing.
Typical douchebag internet tough guy who thinks his word is law.
If only Dave was here to tell you to GTFO

OT: I love that man. In the most heterosexual possibly way, I love him.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
You have no idea that Dave had no idea. That guy may have been just beating on a girl, or several people. Maybe he saw the whole thing.

You have no idea that he had no idea that dave had no idea. He may have been at the show and seen the guy just defending himself from being beat on.
TYpical fanboy who thinks his hero can do no wrong.

....now someone keep this going.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

Yeah I have been to several big shows, he could have even *gasp* walked away and the other guy wouldn't have found him again. There are other routes unless something like a gun was pulled out, and then the situation would be heard about for a totally different reason.
Quote by ShadesOfNight

Yeah, you're just defending him and insulting me because you're a fan of his.

I should have said 'might have had no idea'; of course I can't categorically say he didn't. It just seems like it would have been pretty difficult for him to get a good idea of what was happening in such a big crowd.

It's also ironic that you're calling me an 'internet tough guy' who 'thinks his word is law' when you're telling me I have no idea, that I'm a douchebag and that I should GTFO

EDIT: Tayroar, it seems that shows where I live are a lot rougher than they are in Kansas
Last edited by Pagan-Pie at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by tayroar

Not to be difficult or anything, but it's not always an option. Remember the rapes that occurred at Woodstock a few years ago?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Yeah, you're just defending him and insulting me because you're a fan of his.

I should have said 'might have had no idea'; of course I can't categorically say he didn't. It just seems like it would have been pretty difficult for him to get a good idea of what was happening in such a big crowd.

It's also ironic that you're calling me an 'internet tough guy' who 'thinks his word is law' when you're telling me I have no idea, that I'm a douchebag and that I should GTFO

EDIT: Tayroar, it seems that shows where I live are a lot rougher than they are in Kansas

I was being satirical you tool, in light of your own comments. The irony is obviously lost on you.
Never mind.
I'm upset that he used to be in a hardcore punk band and now he's doing dad rock and breaking up fights. Horse shit.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm upset that he used to be in a hardcore punk band and now he's doing dad rock and breaking up fights. Horse shit.

To be fair, he is a dad.
Page 1 of 3