So the acoustic guitar I have right now is a crappy Esteban guitar that's reallly not the greatest thing ever. Since I've mainly been playing acoustic lately and I'm going to be going to college next year and don't want to take all my electric stuff, I think it would be a good idea to get a new acoustic. I mainly play Jack Johnson-style stuff on it, along with other various styles, but mainly that type of style. I'm looking for a bright sounding guitar for fingerpicking, but at the same time somewhat mellow. I've looked at Cole Clark guitars because this is mainly what Jack plays, but I don't know how expensive they are, so I'd like some other recommendations. I don't really have a budget because I'll be willing to save up for it, but I wouldn't want something that's outrageously expensive... It would be ideal for it to be under $600-$700, but I'd be willing to pay up to lets say $1200 or so.
Think about acoustic-electrics. That way you can play out at a college event somewhere.

Some of the lower-priced Takamine's are kind of like whatever. But once you get up around $700 you can start finding some good stuff. A big difference between a $350 Takamine and a $700 one will be that the electronics will be a lot better on the second one.
Quote by tmcdaniels
Think about acoustic-electrics. That way you can play out at a college event somewhere.

Some of the lower-priced Takamine's are kind of like whatever. But once you get up around $700 you can start finding some good stuff. A big difference between a $350 Takamine and a $700 one will be that the electronics will be a lot better on the second one.

I saw that name on guitarcenter.com and I didn't even bother clicking on it because I thought that they were like knock offs or something cuz I'd never heard of them before I'll take a look now though. So you say that the difference between a $350 one and $700 one are the electronics, so do you mean it would be more worth it to get a $350 one? Or are the electronics that much better in the $700 ones that I should look at those?
Yamaha makes solid budget acoustics for 3-4-500 bucks. Look at Seagull as well, its a Godin sub-brand but they are pretty great.
what size of guitar are you considering, and do you have a preference when it comes to nut width? also do you prefer a warmer or brighter sound?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Godin Make very good acoustic electrics and the usually have amps inside themselves the only problem is there looks are not to everyones taste but check them out, price range is about $900-$1250

Aria also make good acoustice, i have one
Quote by patticake
what size of guitar are you considering, and do you have a preference when it comes to nut width? also do you prefer a warmer or brighter sound?

doesn't matter what size, I would prefer a smaller nut width to a wider one, and I said in the OP that I'd like a bright sounding guitar for when I fingerpick, but also somewhat mellow, if that makes sense.