So I recently purchased a book of compositions by Kurt Rosenwinkel as I am a fan of a lot of stuff, in particular the song 'East Coast Love Affair' which was featured in the book. In any case, one of the chords struck me as rather confusing the way the other had written it. The chord was Eb/F#7, which I at first thought was a mistake and was supposed to be written as F#7/Eb however there are several other chords written like this in the book's other transcriptions.

My question is obviously, how do i tackle this beast? Do I treat the Eb as a lead tone or as a triad?
e|-3-------------| e|------------------|
B|-4-------------| B|-4---------------|
G|-3-------------| G|-3---------------|
D|-2-------------| D|-2---------------|
A|-4-------------| A|-4---------------|
E|-2-------------| E|-2---------------|
Triad------------- Lead Tone

Those are the two ways I would voice those chords, with different voicings obviously available for the lead tone approach. I would just like to know if someone has encountered chords like this before and knows exactly what it means rather than just playing whatever sounds good in the recording as both are pretty similar in this case but could largely differ in other cases.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
How important to the sound is the treble G? Is it an accidental in the song, or does it fit in key?

And did it give you that chord in tab, or just a chord name and you tabbed it for this instance?

As for fingering, I would bar the 2nd fret and try to do a slat to the 3rd at the e string, use my ring for the 4th fret A, Middle for the 3rd fret G, and pinky for the 4th fret B.

I dunno if thats what you're asking, but I'm attempting to be helpful.
3rd and 7th, unless you're playing solo. I presume they're polychords, so work out the 3rd and 7th of each chord, and then put the roots in if possible. Don't prioritise them, though.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Thanks, I'll take the 3rd and 7th approach, and I googled polychords and now that I know what they are it makes perfect sense :p.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)