So I have an Epiphone SG-400 custom, 3 humbucking picks in antique ivory. And A guy offered to trade me his Ibanez S470 for it. I've always wanted a guitar with a Floyd Rose but I'm not exactly keen on the IronGear Pickups that he put in and I don't have the money to get another set of EMG's or Seymour Duncan Blackouts since i'm going to uni and whatnot.

So my question is this:

Is it a good trade that's worth it or should I just keep my Epi?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I have the same guitar you do, and honestly I would much prefer the Ibanez. If you prefer the thin neck profile, go with it. Im sure you can live with the pickup change for awhile at least if nothing else. Im actually selling my SG friday haha.
Do you know how to setup a floyd? My Ibanez has one, and i hate the way the floyd feels compared to a fixed bridge. I would not trade until you've played the guitar he's offering to see if you like how it feels.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
talk about a different neck profile. do you like how the ibanez plays?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah, the neck profile is going to be completely different. learning how to set up a FR isnt that bad, and there are a few really helpful guides on here to learn from. just depends whether you like thin or thicker necks.
Alright, well I know how to set up an FR from my Charvel guitar I used to own. But I was speaking to some guys I know who work at my local music store and they said it wasn't good enough deal and wouldn't be worth it. Especially since I'd be fitting new pickups in it, they said modifications to guitars usually depreciates the value in if what's been put in is better or higher value than what came as stock.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Ibanez. The zr tremolo is pretty sweet. And Iron Gear pickups are a huge step above the stock Ibanez pickups. I'd prefer them to EMGs as well.
Get the Ibanez.
BUT.....play it first.
I got an S570DXQM about 6 months ago.
Also have:
2007 EPI LP
1996 MIM Strat
2001 Gibson Explorer
All of which are pretty much just gathering dust now that I got my Ibanez.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 14, 2011,
I have a nice Jackson and a couple USA Charvels but I still play my S470 all the time. The stock pickups were gabage and that thin neck and body are weird but the guitar palys and sounds good. I wouldn't trade it for an Epiphone.
Play it first.

That said, if you want a floyd rose, and this will be your first, the ZR is an ideal starter trem, due to its stop bars and what not meaning its a breeze to tune.
if you were to split the neck of the G400 right down the middle, it would be about the same width as an ibby neck. or at least feel like it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.