Ok this may sound newbish but i have never used an amp with a cab that has less watts. Will this be a problem its a one speaker cab so i fear i may blow it if i plugged in the 100 watt amp.
you will indeed blow it. if not straight away, then certainly when you 'strain' the speakers with effects like delay and wah - i have done this before on stage and its NOT fun!
Quote by TheDefected
As long as you don't turn it up too loud, you should be fine.
I'd definitely invest in a cab with more wattage just to be safe in the long run.

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
get a higher rated cab, not worth the risk to the speakers or to the head
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by coolkid1095
Ok this may sound newbish but i have never used an amp with a cab that has less watts. Will this be a problem its a one speaker cab so i fear i may blow it if i plugged in the 100 watt amp.

Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: If you are really concerned about this, get a higher wattage cab. If you have a tube amp, i think you could pull some tubes to be safe. (wait for someone who knows more than me to confirm this though)
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Quote by coolkid1095
Ok this may sound newbish but i have never used an amp with a cab that has less watts.

Not always, it'll depend on how much difference there is in the wattage of the speaker and the head.

Plugging a 80 or 90 watt speaker into a 100 watt head won't damage or blow the speaker if you're not dimeing the master volume all the time.

Even if you are, all it means is that you'll get speaker distortion earlier than usual.

Most speakers are capable of handling more wattage than they are rated for. The wattage is an indication of how much you can push the speaker before you get speaker distortion. If you're putting a 100 watts through a single 50 watt speaker, and you rarely push it past bedroom volumes, you're probably not going to even damage the speaker.

On the other hand, if you're packing a 100 watts head through a 50 watts speaking and cranking the channel + master volume all the time, chance are you'll rip the speaker a new one within minutes of its first use.

Quote by coolkid1095
Will this be a problem its a one speaker cab so i fear i may blow it if i plugged in the 100 watt amp.

Well if the one speaker is a 120 watt speaker, it shouldn't be a problem.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
8/10 on the volume should only be about 60W if that. Keep it below that and you should be fine. Just be careful not to go over that. I'd run it below about 6 just to be sure to be sure.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification