Page 1 of 2
So in the UK there are 1.5 million people claiming benefit it said in the news today, while unemployment figures went up. Unfortunately for the first time ever i am as well. On the good side I have been getting great at music with so much free time, but i am stuck socially because i cant got out or do much leisure activities.

Anyone else here unemployed? Id be interested to hear any tips anyone has, for what you can claim for (in the UK) and how you manage to save money.
Work harder at school so you don't have to 'steal' money from people who actually did.
I'm unemployed but I aren't on the dole or anything. My tip is to have a birthday coming up, such as mine in 14 days. BANGERRR.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I feel bad for those made redundant, but it really irks me when people (like my mates) don't go for jobs that are available because it's not quite right for them.
Quote by Steve635z
Work harder at school so you don't have to 'steal' money from people who actually did.

Do you read the Daily Express by any chance? I have a sneaky feeling that you'd fit in very well in the letters sections.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You could try busking...you did say you started getting good with music.

Work for a temp agency?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Dirge Humani
School apparently doesn't fix being an ignorant cunt, though.
Look at his sig. I was there first.

Although I should say that he changed a word or two, but still.
Pretty much go for any job. At least you get some cash and some extra experience to better your c.v.. If you hate the job, man up, most people do.
Don't bother. The conservatives are cutting benefits. And housing schemes.

Look for IS, Income Support, and JA, Jobseekers Allowance.

If you're not an English citizen though, you're better off trying to sell your toenails and pubic cuttings.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
if you truely want a job, treat your unemployment like a full time job searching for a job, no joke, 8 hours a day going around giving resumes, re-applying at places you applied the week prior, youll have a job in no time.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I swear it's not hard to find a job, everyone is just a lazy **** and cant be arsed to get one

When I had time to get a job on side of college studies, I found one within 3 days by going personally to every pub in my local area and asking the manager if there were any bar/waiting jobs available

If you really want a job, you'll get one

EDIT: ^ Like he said
Quote by sam b
I swear it's not hard to find a job, everyone is just a lazy **** and cant be arsed to get one

When I had time to get a job on side of college studies, I found one within 3 days by going personally to every pub in my local area and asking the manager if there were any bar/waiting jobs available

EDIT: ^ Like he said
That's cockamamie. So unemployment cycles are just epidemics of laziness throughout the country every few years? Is that what the recession was -- people just all of a sudden got lazy? What about third-world countries? Are so many people suffering economic hardship in third-world countries because their culture is just lazy so they don't want to work, or because of globalization and parasitic multinationals leeching their resources? Unemployment isn't caused by laziness, unemployment is a side effect that highlights the shortcomings of capitalism.
Last edited by due 07 at Jul 13, 2011,
When I want a job it will be easy. I'm just going to peruse on down to the closest shop with a female manager, wink, give them the finger-gun and say - "sup babe, how about your FINE ass gives me a job?"
Last edited by guitar12 at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by due 07
That's cockamamie. So unemployment cycles are just epidemics of laziness throughout the country every few years? Is that what the recession was -- people just all of a sudden got lazy? What about third-world countries? Are so many people suffering economic hardship in third-world countries because their culture is just lazy so they don't want to work, or because of globalization and parasitic multinationals leeching their resources? Unemployment isn't caused by laziness, it's a side effect that highlights the shortcomings of capitalism.

Yes.
Quote by due 07
That's cockamamie. So unemployment cycles are just epidemics of laziness throughout the country every few years? Is that what the recession was -- people just all of a sudden got lazy? What about third-world countries? Are so many people suffering economic hardship in third-world countries because their culture is just lazy so they don't want to work, or because of globalization and parasitic multinationals leeching their resources? Unemployment isn't caused by laziness, it's a side effect that highlights the shortcomings of capitalism.

Unemployment in general does not come from laziness

You missing an opportunity and the guy next door getting a job you could of had, because you didnt apply to enough places, causes unemployment for a lot of people.

I can almost guarantee that people complaining about not having a job do not spend 8 hours a day searching for one, a shitload of my friends are direct evidence

"its so hard to find a job ugh"
"oh i found one, how many places have you applied to?"
"well you know, i called my employer last year, and asked ____ to ask his employer if they are hiring"
"oh.... thats all?"
"yeah, its been tough man"

-conversation with one of my friends

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by due 07
You are a very silly man, Sam.

Nice rhyme bro

It's 2:33am, I said what I though from my personal experience and to be honest, from seeing you and how you put your "opinions" across in that "whine about wearing make-up thread", I can't be fucked with you, especially right now

EDIT:

Quote by JimmyBanks6

I can almost guarantee that people complaining about not having a job do not spend 8 hours a day searching for one, a shitload of my friends are direct evidence

I was direct evidence, until I got off my arse one day
Last edited by sam b at Jul 13, 2011,
I'm unemployed, there's just no jobs here. It doesn't help that I live in a small town, so there's not too many places..

And I can't always afford to drive 20-30 minutes into the city trying to look for stuff. **** gas is expensive as hell, too.

Quote by JimmyBanks6

You missing an opportunity and the guy next door getting a job you could of had, because you didnt apply to enough places, causes unemployment for a lot of people.

"well you know, i called my employer last year, and asked ____ to ask his employer if they are hiring"
"oh.... thats all?"

Also, this.

Yeah, I'm not out for hours a day looking for a job. But that's only because it is as simple as walking into all the places and going "Can I have an application?" And the response is always the same.. "Sorry, we're not looking to hire."

They never are..

When there's only 20 or so places around, what more can I do.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6

"oh.... thats all?"

Yeah, anecdotal evidence is fun. Anyways, I agree with you to an extent. A (rather insignificant) number of people don't find jobs because they don't look hard enough, but those jobs are still getting filled in the end anyways. I was mostly directing my comment to Sam:

Which is asinine.

Quote by due 07
Yeah, anecdotal evidence is fun. Anyways, I agree with you to an extent. A (rather insignificant) number of people don't find jobs because they don't look hard enough, but those jobs are still getting filled in the end anyways. I was mostly directing my comment to Sam:

Which is asinine.

nah its actually not, employment is a cycle, people are hiring, people are firing, people are quitting, people are fapping.

theres always an opening appearing, and theres always an opening disappearing, people dont find jobs because they dont apply enough places, or they are too proud "i wont work at mcdonalds are you kidding?"

there are some exceptions (flint, detroit, etc) but the majority occurs due to lack of effort.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I'm unemployed but I'm waiting for my A level results so I can go university, hopefully this will be a nice holiday rather than the start of being unemployed.
Quote by due 07
I was mostly directing my comment to Sam:

Which is asinine.

Look at you and your fancy words making you look all clever

You just said you agree with him

"I agree if you jobsearch 8 hours a day, you'll get a job or have a way more likely chance of getting a job than the next guy, but that doesnt mean you want a job"

My statement wasnt directed as in, "you want to be a pilot, you'll find a job"
I'm talking about a 16-20 year old kid who just wants a job. Any job. Look and they will find
I've applied to over 75 jobs in the last 2 months, and I'm still unemployed. The assholes claiming that it's easy to get a job are full of shit.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by TheAbsentOne

Also, this.

Yeah, I'm not out for hours a day looking for a job. But that's only because it is as simple as walking into all the places and going "Can I have an application?" And the response is always the same.. "Sorry, we're not looking to hire."

They never are..

When there's only 20 or so places around, what more can I do.

a lot of places accept and encourage online applications now,

ive seen it all over hte place (not usually smaller places) but bigger chains do, and they spread them to all the stores in your area

try taking a look at stuff like that, also your age comes into a big play, but you are 18/19 from your profile, so construction companies would likely interview you (the turn-over in construction is huuuge) all though its very tough work.

Currently i work at a fence company, im one of the builders, digging holes, mixing and pouring concrete, and building the fences themselves, and there are over 5 open positions, the problem is a lot of teens get hired, then they quite after a few days, or nobody applies at all because they dont want to do the physical labour

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Currently i work at a fence company, im one of the builders, digging holes, mixing and pouring concrete, and building the fences themselves, and there are over 5 open positions, the problem is a lot of teens get hired, then they quite after a few days, or nobody applies at all because they dont want to do the physical labour

Where do you live? I need to move there

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles
I've applied to over 75 jobs in the last 2 months, and I'm still unemployed. The assholes claiming that it's easy to get a job are full of shit.

http://www.city-data.com/work/work-Amherst-Massachusetts.html#unemployment

Amherst has a very low unemployment (yes i creeped your profile) 3.4% in 09, compared to massachussets at 8.4%

Pretty weird you are having that much trouble

Quote by Das_Skittles
Where do you live? I need to move there

Capital of Canada lol

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
nah its actually not, employment is a cycle, people are hiring, people are firing, people are quitting, people are fapping.

theres always an opening appearing, and theres always an opening disappearing, people dont find jobs because they dont apply enough places, or they are too proud "i wont work at mcdonalds are you kidding?"

there are some exceptions (flint, detroit, etc) but the majority occurs due to lack of effort.
This simply isn't true. Laziness might be the cause for a small number of people's individual unemployment, but the effect of laziness on unemployment as a society is null at most. Failure to accept this as a reality shows a considerably elementary outlook on the modern global (or even national) markets. There's plenty of different valid theories of unemployment, take a look for yourself.
The fact of the matter is that no verifiable study has ever been done showing a correlation between laziness and unemployment.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
http://www.city-data.com/work/work-Amherst-Massachusetts.html#unemployment

Amherst has a very low 3.4% in 09, compared to massachussets at 8.4%

Pretty weird you are having that much trouble

I'm in Pennsylvania for the summer. My biggest issue is that no one wants to hire a college student who normally lives 300 miles away.

Capitol of Canada lol

Damn.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by sam b
I'm talking about a 16-20 year old kid who just wants a job. Any job. Look and they will find
No they won't, because employment is finite. Some will, but your statement is mostly wrong.
There's nothing wrong with claiming dole if you need it. 65 quid a week + they'll pay or contribue to rent, helps you get about and survive while you look for work.

To find casual bar or waiting work is not hard.
If you need something more though, that is difficult, especially at the moment. Unemployment in general is not the effect of lazy people, hell no, its the reduction of jobs and hours as employers cut back on costs due to things like recession.
Quote by due 07
This simply isn't true. Laziness might be the cause for a small number of people's individual unemployment,

that is what i have been saying the whole time

but the effect of laziness on unemployment as a society is null at most. Failure to accept this as a reality shows a considerably elementary outlook on the modern global (or even national) markets. There's plenty of different valid theories of unemployment

i have already stated this, and i understand the economy and unemployment i have taken enough econ (brutal) classes.

if you read back through my posts you will see we are in full agreement lol.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
a lot of places accept and encourage online applications now,

ive seen it all over hte place (not usually smaller places) but bigger chains do, and they spread them to all the stores in your area

try taking a look at stuff like that, also your age comes into a big play, but you are 18/19 from your profile, so construction companies would likely interview you (the turn-over in construction is huuuge) all though its very tough work.

I really want to move to Canada. There's nothing like that here

We do have several "Big chain" places, like McDonalds and Shaws, but they've all had the same people working there for years.. It's pathetic.

It really makes me want to give up just because there is so little here. There's no oppurtunity. If I stay here, where is my life gonna take me. Being broke and struggling? **** that. I plan to move out of here ASAP. My aunt & uncle live in Tampa, I'm heavily considering going there. They've ok'd it. Now it's just the matter of getting there financially and being able to help them with rent cuz I won't stay there for free, no freeloading here

Even if there were construction and whatnot.. I'm a fat dude with asthma I don't know how much I could take.

EDIT: I hate to sound like I'm complaining. I'm not, at least not right now. I am not "struggling" or anything, I live with my grandfather, I just simple pay for all my own things (Gas, food, clothes, etc..) And he supplies the biggest part, being housing. Unspoken agreement of the past 2-ish years..

Quote by sam b
You're (due) making out that we're saying 100% of unemployment is down to laziness. You've got those blinkers of yours back on

It's also the case of "shit, I'm too good to work in McDonalds. That's embarrassing" or, "I qualified to be an architect, I'm not working in a restaurant"

Take a look at who is unemployed too. I know in the UK from first hand experience, a load of those unemployed people couldnt give a shit, and lap up the benefits that come their way instead

Sadly, I'm sort of guilty of this. At first there was no way I was going to work there.. But after awhile, I was like "WAIT. The **** do I care what people think?" And then I got crushed when I found out they've had the same people there for a few years. -____-
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jul 13, 2011,
You're (due) making out that we're saying 100% of unemployment is down to laziness. You've got those blinkers of yours back on

It's also the case of "shit, I'm too good to work in McDonalds. That's embarrassing" or, "I qualified to be an architect, I'm not working in a restaurant"

Take a look at who is unemployed too. I know in the UK from first hand experience, a load of those unemployed people couldnt give a shit, and lap up the benefits that come their way instead
Quote by sam b

I misinterpreted Jimmy's one post, but I don't feel I misinterpreted yours. You sent a pretty clear message in saying:

[...]

That seems to imply that laziness is the reason behind unemployment, and if everyone really wanted a job, they could get one. If you meant something totally different, then never mind.
Quote by Steve635z

I worked hard at school. 8 credits, 5 highers and an advanced higher at SQA level. Passed my first year at Uni with my lowest percentage mark being 61% and that was at a second year level module.

I still can't find a job.

It's nice to see you've found a job as a full time asshole though. Congrats man.
Last edited by homeless-john at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by homeless-john
I worked hard at school. 8 credits, 5 highers and an advanced higher at SQA level. Passed by first year at Uni with my lowest percentage mark being 61% and that was at a second year level module.

I still can't find a job.

It's nice to see you've found a job as a full time asshole though. Congrats man.

I do get annoyed at the constant comments of "Well if you'd done better in school, you'd have a job blah blah blah"

it's not always that simple.

Yeah, I'm a dropout with my GED. That doesn't make me any less of a person than you. Though so many seem to think they're above me.
Page 1 of 2