So...I sold my Epiphone Korina Explorer on eBay for £275...on Monday I recieved an email stating that he didn't like the guitar so he expected a full refund. Since I offered it in the selling description I couldn't refuse. He said it wasn't what he was looking for which is fair enough.

The only reason I decided to sell this guitar was because of it being uncomfortable. The first time I played the guitar in a few weeks was today and for some reason it felt miles better than before. I found it extremely difficult playing this for the first few month but now I can play it just as well as my SG. So I'm selling it but am going to upgrade the pickups.

TLDR : Sold my guitar, guy didn't like it, got it back,it felt easier to play than before, not selling it

What pickups would you recommend for metal? My SG is already loaded with EMG 81/85 so I don't need any EMG's My Budget is £200-250
Passive's would be a preference

Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
Last edited by jimbobmcgee2312 at Jul 13, 2011,
Just sell it again.

Dont put money in to it dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
See I'd see that as more of a WIN than a FAIL. But that's just me. I figure having another awesome guitar would be classified as a win.

OT: I'd maybe try out some blackouts?
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by Tom 1.0
Just sell it again.

This.

You'll get more for it when it is completely stock and you won't have to spend anymore money.
Quote by swordsofplague
See I'd see that as more of a WIN than a FAIL. But that's just me. I figure having another awesome guitar would be classified as a win.

OT: I'd maybe try out some blackouts?

correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Blackouts Active? My SG has the battery slot for Active pickups but not the Explorer

Quote by Tom 1.0
Just sell it again.

Decisions final mate, I would rather improve the sound to get the best what I can than sell it...AGAIN!

Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
Last edited by jimbobmcgee2312 at Jul 13, 2011,
You might be able to find a set of used pickups from eBay out of a Gibson Flying V or Explorer (they have the same pickups), you would save a little cash this way and still have a ballin' guitar. The 500T in the bridge is a mighty fine pickup for metal, but in my opinion the 496R in the neck is pretty pointless. It's really muddy sounding and not very articulate, but then again I expect a low-output creamy pup in the neck position. It may be well suited for you, just depends on how you use the neck pup.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
They are active.

Quote by jimbobmcgee2312
correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Blackouts Active? My SG has the battery slot for Active pickups but not the Explorer

Decisions final mate, I would rather improve the sound to get the best what I can than sell it...AGAIN!

the you just lose more money dude.

if you have to upgrade, why not look into some second hand Seymour Duncans.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by Controlpanel
nope...blackouts are passive...

Which blackouts? If it's Seymour Duncan Blackouts like I have then it's active.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Flux'D
You might be able to find a set of used pickups from eBay out of a Gibson Flying V or Explorer (they have the same pickups), you would save a little cash this way and still have a ballin' guitar. The 500T in the bridge is a mighty fine pickup for metal, but in my opinion the 496R in the neck is pretty pointless. It's really muddy sounding and not very articulate, but then again I expect a low-output creamy pup in the neck position. It may be well suited for you, just depends on how you use the neck pup.

I found the 500t to be an extremly muddy pickup, hated it. liked the 496r alot more than the 500t.

switched them for emg 81/60 and love it, thinking back though i prolly shouldve put an 85 in the neck but im still happy this way.

and if you like the guitar and feel its worth uprgrading then do it.

maybe get some SDs or BKPs in there? add coil tapping for the hell of it?
Quote by jimbobmcgee2312
So I'm selling it but am going to upgrade the pickups.

TLDR : Sold my guitar, guy didn't like it, got it back,it felt easier to play than before, not selling it

I think everyone's confused because the people who read it think your selling it and all the lazy people think you want to keep it and get your brootz on.

If you are selling do not buy anything just sell it, they might not want you're pickups, they'll be used, and you probably won't get $50 out of your major investment, trust me, mods hardly sell a guitar, it's meant to make it personal to you.