i've been told that it makes the pedal sound better, but what do people say by "better"? can anyone describe how it improves the tone?

i absolutely adore my dl4, i use the reverse, lo res, and tape delay settings on there. they get some pretty cool tones, and i love being able to switch back and forth since i gig every sunday.
the only downside for me is that i have some minor toneloss, thats it.

but, i'm always after improving my tone and playing, and if i can improve one or both, then great, i'll gladly pay as much money/time/labor needed for that.

tl;dr, whats different about the dl4 with this keeley chip mod?
Literally the first result of a google search tells you what they do to it and how it improves sound. It took two seconds to find. Come on dude.
im not sure what the keeley mod does, but if you're modding it i would definitely get the switches modded. there are guys online that will redo the switches so the pedal will be way more durable. i have also seen people fix the volume drop issue. i have limited experience with the dl4 so i dont know if the volume drop is a problem for everyone
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by piop
Literally the first result of a google search tells you what they do to it and how it improves sound. It took two seconds to find. Come on dude.

the only thing i found was people both saying it made it sound "brighter" "warmer" "and more real".

2 of those things are in conflict with each other, so i was looking for a ug'ers 2 pennies.

granted, if it makes the delays sound less processed and digital, then thats great, which i am assuming it does, but since i already have like 200 set aside for a custom pedal i want built, and just payed a huge ticket, i want to know i'm spending 100$ on something worthwhile.

Quote by InanezGuitars44
im not sure what the keeley mod does, but if you're modding it i would definitely get the switches modded. there are guys online that will redo the switches so the pedal will be way more durable. i have also seen people fix the volume drop issue. i have limited experience with the dl4 so i dont know if the volume drop is a problem for everyone

yeah, i'm also going to be getting the switches changed out, and the led's too.

and of course i'll paint the enclosure myself
Last edited by 00_hns_00 at Jul 14, 2011,
I modded mine and I've done work for others and it doesn't improve the sound enough to warrant it. I just rectify the volume drop and add the dual preset along with switches and less and you get a great pedal.

Oh, and the price tag of $100 is rather steep..
mojostompboxes.com
Last edited by greeny23 at Jul 14, 2011,
Ya, other than the volume drop fix and a slight lowering of the noise floor the Keeley mod doesn't really do much.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
May i reccommend the 'drasp' mods. He did an awesome job of mine!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

i will definitely be sending it to drasp, i am just trying to decide if it will at least fix the volume drop off and maybe improve the sound quality by even 5%.

for instance, i do have a dmm, and my dl4 gets sounds pretty close to it, but i would say its a very negligible difference. but if it can get that much closer to my dmm, then i would prob. just sell that unit and then go from there. i use 2 of the delays that are models on my dl4, and i also have those same units.

this is also to help me make space for my pedal board.