Hi there.

I am a giant fan of bands such as Skynyrd and Zeppelin and I'm looking for a overdrive pedal to match my new fender amp. Its a 40 watt tube combo and i want that warm bluesy tone. Price is no object, so what do you guys think?

TS9, 808?
BD2?

I don't know what to think so I'm open to any suggestions

Thanks
get one of the hand wired TS808s or a Maxon OD pedal.

http://www.ibanez.com/Electronics/model-TS808HW

I've heard good things about the Little Brute drive too, but I think that has a little bit more hair on it compared to your average tube screamer.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Get one of the Rothwell's.
It should be able to clean up plus give you a roaring Marshall tone when set correctly.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Jul 13, 2011,
I'm a big fan of Gearmanndude's Luther Drive.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
i dont know much about OD pedals but i've heard people really like the Bad Monkey by digitech. idk if that would get the sound ur looking for tho. i've never tried it.
I have a DS1 and get the sound for the bands you mentioned. You'll have to try a few to hear what you like.
I also have a G1XN Zoom pedal. Wide range of effects.
Fulltone OCD

If you want a basic TS, but with more parameters to tweak, you can look at a NOC3 Pure Drive.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Get a Keeley modded Boss SD1. Nasty pedal. Great bluesy tone. For an added effect ask him to add a voltage control pot on the power side.
Fulltone Full drive 2. That pedal is the foundation of my tone. Has a built in boost as well. I'd go for that.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
If your looking for a Synyrd and Zep tone, like stated above, rothwell is the way to go
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret is another great little pedal that emulates a Marshall tone. I really like my Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive as well...

Also, give us a budget.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals