Hello! I'm Tyler Wyrick. Like every last person (or almost every last person) on this forum, I make music and put it on the internet! Though the internet can be a scary place, I enjoy people watching my videos and making fun of me...or something. So have a look. Take a gander. Views and comments are much appreciated!

So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen I give you...

TylerWyrick's Youtube Channel

AND

The Videos
(Alphabetical by band, then song)

The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars

The Graveyard Near The House by The Airborne Toxic Event

Numb by The Airborne Toxic Event

Electric Gypsy by Andy Timmons

Lost! by Coldplay

How Far We've Come Cover by Matchbox Twenty, Feat. Anthony Cruz and company.

Mad World by Gary Jules

Assassin by Muse

Crying Shame by Muse

Microcuts by Muse

MK Ultra by Muse

Resistance by Muse, Feat. John Wellemeyer on Bass

Uprising by Muse

Creep by Radiohead

For The First Time by The Script

If you like what you hear and see, leave me a comment! If you don't like what you hear and see, leave me a comment anyway (perhaps tell me why)!
The video editing is easily the best part. Your mixing ability and multi-instrumentalism (is that a word?) is good, but the singing seems to be pretty average (limited range, somewhat lifeless, out of key here and there). Overall, good videos, singing could improve and more energy could be added.

EDIT: And, after watching the Electric Gypsy video, you may want to work on playing your guitar solos a bit more seamlessly. That one seemed choppy.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Last edited by guitarsftw at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by guitarsftw
The video editing is easily the best part. Your mixing ability and multi-instrumentalism (is that a word?) is good, but the singing seems to be pretty average (limited range, somewhat lifeless, out of key here and there). Overall, good videos, singing could improve and more energy could be added.

Thanks! My singing is definitely a work in progress, but I'm confident that it's coming along.
I guess my feeling on the matter is that there is no point in spending so much time on the video when the music isn't quite "there".
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
I guess my feeling on the matter is that there is no point in spending so much time on the video when the music isn't quite "there".

I'm 19 years old at this very second. When I was 12, at the beginning of my 6th grade year I picked up my father's guitar (a blue Fender Strat that I still play today) and starting looking up tabs. I can't tell you what possessed me to do it, I just did. About 9 months after that, my church started a "middle school worship team" and held open auditions for all musicians in middle school interested in playing music on Sundays for our youth group. This story has a point, I promise--bare with me. I could play G, C, D, and E major and minor. I was working on A, but F and B? Psh. No way. I couldn't change very quickly and my father was worried I wouldn't make the cut, so he taught me--low and behold--power chords. I quickly fell in love.

By the mercy of a God I no longer believe in, I made the team. Over the next 5 years of my life, I played live music on stage every Sunday. And that first year, I was terrible, but I learned. In fact, I learned a ridiculous amount about music during those 5 years. I learned about performing, playing, writing, setting up, tearing down, warming up, practicing. You name it. I probably learned something about it.

But it was only because I did it. Even though the music "wasn't there."

That's why we--my band and I--put so much work into EVERY part of our music, be it the music, the video, or the promoting. Because we know that the only parts that are going to get better are the parts that we work at and learn about. I've learned to play music by doing, and that's how I learn to do everything else.
Quote by TylerWyrick
That's why we--my band and I--put so much work into EVERY part of our music, be it the music, the video, or the promoting. Because we know that the only parts that are going to get better are the parts that we work at and learn about. I've learned to play music by doing, and that's how I learn to do everything else.

Well, then work more on the music than on the video. That's the only advice I have for you.
Quote by AA00P
Only listened to Creep (cos that's the only one i know).

Different from what i'm used to from the song, the missing electric guitars/shouting etc, y'know? Adds a bit more dimension to the song.

But your version is not bad, kind of a relax version.