I'm planning on going out and snagging a brand-new Vox VT20 tomorrow afternoon, but before I did, I figured it would be a wise move to check with the legendarily argumentative UG forum community. So, what's the verdict? To buy or not to buy?

Edit: I'm going to school for jazz guitar, so I want some nice smooth clean tones for those purposes. However, I also play in a metal band and want a respectable distortion for that endeavor as well. I like the power dial on the VT20's, so that I can play at a volume according to what's appropriate, being in a dorm. I don't expect perfection for anything but I do want a mud-free, versatile amp.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Last edited by Fatal Instinct at Jul 14, 2011,
Edited your answer in, sir. ^^
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
It's alright, though I haven't had a good experience with Vox'es though. I have a VT80 and I hate it. But they must be different right? Right?
The older VT's are better than the newer ones. Try getting hold of the previous generation VT30. Cleans and bluesy tones are what it excels at. It does high gain alright, but it's not the greatest thing for that. Passable though, better than the spider