As some of you might know I was planning to buy an RG3120. Well, I did and it is one awesome guitar. Aside from a few scratches on the back which are only visible in the right light, the guitar is in mint condition. The neck is silky smooth and it is the best playing guitar I have ever tried. It has a tone-zone pickup in the bridge and a PAF-pro in the neck, both sound amazing. It has the lo-pro edge. The guitar itself is made out of mahogany and was made in 2002. I got it for €650, seems like a great deal to me! One question though: When I use the tremolo, it doesn't return all the way. It's always a couple of cents off. Is this a setup matter?

Anyway, without further ado: PICS!

Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Last edited by constructbot at Jul 14, 2011,
Pics...
Oh now they work.. Well one of them... Maybe its just my computer...
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 14, 2011,
Quote by constructbot
One question though: When I use the tremolo, it doesn't return all the way. It's always a couple of cents off. Is this a setup matter?

i bet that is why the prevoius owner sold it.
most likely some parts in the tremolo are damaged. take it to a luthier, maybe you can have these parts replaced, if not you have to buy a new floyd rose.
something like that can just be dust on the floydd poles etc.
on my guitar if I pulled back on the trem it would set the whole guitar sharp and to go back to normal id have to pull forward on the trem.... And visa versa

Just took it off, WD40 on the poles (Not much at all) but cleaned them up, reset it up and bam perfect.
^Replacing the LoPro with an OFR would be a downgrade. The LoPro is a better bridge than an OFR.

Check the trem angle is set properly first, the top of Ibanez Edge and LoPro trems isn't meant to be set parallel to the body like a Floyd, the plate is angled. Here is a diagram and a pic of how the LoPro should be set, angle wise;
Diagram
Pic

The knife edges may be worn too. Judging by the wear on the frets, that could be the problem. You'd have to take that to a good luthier/tech to fix them.

Oh, and HNGD! Looks to be in good condition!
Quote by littlephil
^Replacing the LoPro with an OFR would be a downgrade. The LoPro is a better bridge than an OFR.

Check the trem angle is set properly first, the top of Ibanez Edge and LoPro trems isn't meant to be set parallel to the body like a Floyd, the plate is angled. Here is a diagram and a pic of how the LoPro should be set, angle wise;
Diagram
Pic

The knife edges may be worn too. Judging by the wear on the frets, that could be the problem. You'd have to take that to a good luthier/tech to fix them.

Oh, and HNGD! Looks to be in good condition!

Thanks for the diagram and pic, it isn't parallel to the body in the way the pic is so I'll set it up later this afternoon.
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by littlephil

really? is it even better than schaller?
im asking because im considering buying a guitar and then replace the tremolo. do you htink the lopro is the best tremolo currently available?
Last edited by tappooh at Jul 14, 2011,
Quote by tappooh
im asking because im considering buying a guitar and then replace the tremolo. do you htink the lopro is the best tremolo currently available?

Even if it is, I don't think it's being made anymore.
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by tappooh

Its about on par with the Schaller, and a bit better than the OFR. The Gotoh is another good option, its almost as good as the Schaller, but a bit cheaper.

If you're looking at the Schaller, get it from StewMac, they have them for $150, which is a damn good price.
Thats hawt

also at the trem ignorance earlier in the thread.

littlephil is spot on. I've seen so many people set up ibanez edge/lo-pro trems like a OFR and its WRONG.
damn nice looking ibby right there. i hope you can get the trem sorted.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sweet, glad you got it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys! After 5 hours of trial and error (first floyd) I got the bridge parallel.
Still a little off but I think that's because I put new strings on the guitar, let's hope it settles!

Edit: After some extreme wanking on the tremolo, it now returns to perfect pitch every time!
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Last edited by constructbot at Jul 14, 2011,
Nice guitar! Love the maple top.
Why does a lo pro need 'licsenced by floyd rose' on it?
Too similar?
Quote by DimebagZappa
Nice guitar! Love the maple top.
Why does a lo pro need 'licsenced by floyd rose' on it?
Too similar?

Because it works on the same concept that Floyd Rose patented.
They don't need to have it anymore, the patents expired a few years ago. If you look at a new JEM or JS with the Edge or Apex with a LoPro 7, they don't have the 'Licenced under Floyd Rose Patents' stamp anymore, because they no longer pay a licence for the trems.