Hello everybody! I'm not sure what category I should post this in, so I hope this is the correct one! I've been trying to post my new songs on here for a while but the gp6 files are way too big and if they aren't it freezes my browser for whatever reason... I've decided that from now on I'll post all my new songs on YouTube

The songs are quite long, so far I've uploaded one intro (2 mins) and two full songs, both over 10minutes, but if you have some time to spare please listen and give me your opinions! Thanks in advance.

Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePugnaciousAnt
Dark Eternity

Assume I like everything I don't mention.

I feel that it jumps a little too suddenly into 05:49. I don't really like the drums here either, but it may sound better when it's recorded, I don't know.

Same thing at 07:30. I don't really like that riff either, but don't take it personal since I don't really like tremolo riffs.

All in all, it's a pretty good song. I can hear the Opeth behind it all. A suggestion for you would be to export it to gp5 (and4) and .zip it, so you can upload it here. The majority here uses gp5, so you would probably get more crits.
Quote by CheesyMozarella
A suggestion for you would be to export it to gp5 (and4) and .zip it, so you can upload it here. The majority here uses gp5, so you would probably get more crits.

This. Or even upload it in midi format.

Crit for the Burned Beginnings intro:
Really liked the first riff. I feel like you could add some strings, maybe a cello or something to give it some more depth.
The section starting at 0:31 wasn't my fav in terms of overall sound, but I did quite like the chord progression
Solo: Pretty cool, I enjoyed it. Some of the notes in some of the bends/dives sounded out of key, and not in a pleasant way IMO, but it was pretty cool
I thought at around 2:05 you should have done something more interesting with the backing track, maybe even just putting a proper drum beat or something. Because at that point I was starting to lose interest in it, and the solo wasn't really driving the song anywhere at that stage.

Cool start though
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 21, 2011,