Hey there!

So I've been playing acoustic guitar for 2,5 years now and I consider myself as a medium player. Now I want an electric guitar to explore more sounds

I thought buying a Fender Squier Classic vibe '60s strat cause I love blues, but the point is I love classic rock like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the delay of The Edge style but also a good hard rock riff either (like iron man for example).

Is it possible to play this different range with this guitar? And which Amp fits better to reach this sounds?

Note: It has to be good and cheap. just to play at home and jam around with friends.
I Bodyboarding
Oh and I don't like metal..
and sorry for typos that might be there... english aint my mother language
I Bodyboarding
Classic Vibe is a great line of guitars, I've got the tele and I play what you play and some even heavier stuff and it can handle it all fairly well. Couldn't recommend the guitar enough, I'm thinking of getting the CV 60s bass too they're so good.
eheh grats, awsome guitar you have =)

yeah I checked out the Classic Vibes Strat '50s and '60s and the 50's Tele;
the strat '60s made my ears melt so I'm going for that one.. but I dont know much about amps, so I'm seeking a little help from the guys here..
I Bodyboarding
Quote by mariana.m
Hey there!

So I've been playing acoustic guitar for 2,5 years now and I consider myself as a medium player. Now I want an electric guitar to explore more sounds

I thought buying a Fender Squier Classic vibe '60s strat cause I love blues, but the point is I love classic rock like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the delay of The Edge style but also a good hard rock riff either (like iron man for example).

Is it possible to play this different range with this guitar? And which Amp fits better to reach this sounds?

Note: It has to be good and cheap. just to play at home and jam around with friends.

Well the Squiers are a risk--they might be fine, or they might suck, it varies by guitar. I'd actually reccommend an Epiphone Les Paul (Special or Spec 2 if thats why you can afford) and a Line 6 Spider (whatever number theyre on now) from that you can get a more classic sound and a more metal sound.

LOL CUBE!!
Nah, my budget is 350 euros, max.
And I'm going for sure for the strat. I'm looking for an amp that can replicate the delay style by The edge, and also provides a good sound of classic rock and blues..

But thanks a lot for your opinion, I appreciated it
I Bodyboarding
You can try the Fender Frontman Series, They have a amazing clean channel and a good drive channel. If you want the delay effect you have to buy a pedal for it then though..
Don't listen to that guy, he's recommended a Line Six Spider and an Epiphone special. Both aren't that great quality. The line six spider sounds digital and awful when you turn it up and the Epiphone feels like a hunk of wood.

If you're after a modelling amp that's decent check out the Peavey Vypr or the VOX ones which I can't remember the name of. And Fender do the Mustang aswell.

But the Squier you've picked out is on the same par as a MIM strat depending on the one to get. I'd go for that, sounds like a good choice to me.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
you should look at the squier tele with p90s in.. i have it - makes lovely sounds..
look at fender mustang amps or vox valvetronix - good choices for the type of sounds you like
The low end Squiers are hit or miss, but the classic vibe's are decent enough I suppose.

As far as amps go, I would look at something with at least a 12in speaker, and for your price range I would go with solid state multiple channel. A lot of modern amps have built in digital effects which is where you'd get the delay you're after. You won't be able to get Edge's exact tone, but if you take the time to tweak your levels you'll be able to get reasonably close.

I won't recommend a specific brands or models, because sound is way too subjective and the stuff I think sounds awesome might well sound like junk to you.

Best thing to do is try out everything twice then bring home what you think sounds best, or if your music store options are limited, check out some youtube sound clips at least.

Cheers,
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
classic vibe strats are pretty decent and i personally prefer the 60s one myself (hate the lacquer on the maple neck 50s model). if you can get a peavey vypyr as they are pretty good for practice and have the fx built in (i prefer seperate fx but for a beginner this will be fine). being a strat guy i'm a little biased but they are very versatile and can cover the bands you mentioned.
thanks for all the replies!

I think I made my choice: Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster + VOX Valvetronix »VT15

I'll test this out before buying it though.
what do you think?
I Bodyboarding
Quote by mariana.m
thanks for all the replies!

I think I made my choice: Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster + VOX Valvetronix »VT15

I'll test this out before buying it though.
what do you think?

already gave thumbs up to the strat and the Vox has a good reputation so go for it.
For the amp, you should check out the Roland cube series. I have the 15x and it has a great clean and metal sound. I would be looking at the 40xl if I were you.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Get a delay pedal, don't mess with an amp that has delay built-in. And whatever you do, do NOT get a Line 6 amp unless you want your amp to sound like it's wrapped in blankets under 5 feet of water. I speak from experience. As others have suggested, I'd go with a Roland Cube any day of the week over any Line 6 product. Nothing wrong with a Squier, it's a GREAT starter guitar.