Page 1 of 4
WASHINGTON - A frustrated President Obama warned Republicans not to "call my bluff" before he stormed out on the latest stalled debt negotiation session, Republicans said.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va) said the President became "agitated" before warning him not to "call my bluff" when Cantor said he would consider a short-term debt-limit hike, something Obama has said doesn't solve the problem.

The meeting "ended with the President abruptly walking out of the meeting," Cantor told reporters after the session. "I know why he lost his temper. He's frustrated. We're all frustrated."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/07/14/2011-07-14_deficit_disorder_as_prez_bolts_talks_with_gop_bigs.html

Thoughts? The title of the thread is a little sensational I admit, it really depends on what source you're getting it from. Some say "stormed out", some say "left", fox news is probably saying "ran out crying and killed a few christian babies on the way out".

But anyway, what's your thoughts on the whole debt situation America is in?
Moody are sayin the might lower America's credit rating, is that worrying you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Republicans are pure evil.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Republicans are pure evil.

Well, the ones in congress are...
Quote by Kensai
Well, the ones in congress are...

oops, that's what I meant to say. The others are just brainwashed
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I understand his frustration. Whether or not you like him, you can't deny that the Republicans have made it extremely difficult for him to get anything done.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
He should have done this ages ago. Cantor is a dickhead who cares only about winning politics.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Didn't Republicans pull out of talks a while ago? At least he's finally standing up to the GOP.
Our politicians have shown a habit or running out of these things.

This is how I picture Obama doing this. Voice and all.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 14, 2011,
As someone with a father who loves to start debates and is a hard core glenn beck follower, I certainly understand wanting to just leave before important ties are broken. My father has even followed me into my room and ranted at me while I laid down to go to bed, far after I stopped responding.
Quote by mizxou
What movie is this from?

Scooby Doo: The movie

Quote by sglover34479
As someone with a father who loves to start debates and is a hard core glenn beck follower, I certainly understand wanting to just leave before important ties are broken. My father has even followed me into my room and ranted at me while I laid down to go to bed, far after I stopped responding.

I'm sorry to hear that, Glenn Beck followers can be... stubborn.
Quote by Kensai
I'm sorry to hear that, Glenn Beck followers can be... stubborn.

Somehow I read that as 'stillborn' immediately followed by the rocksonglyrics created in a thread here popping up in my head ('Stillborn on an airplane!!!!').

Now continue this discussion!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by wizards?
This is EXACTLY why I'm voting on the Bachman/Trump ticket in 2012.

I wish.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I understand his frustration. Whether or not you like him, you can't deny that the Republicans have made it extremely difficult for him to get anything done.

"Extremely difficult" is an understatement. These dickheads can't accept that he is the chosen leader of our country and do everything they can to keep him from accomplishing anything that he said that he would do/that would help the country so that the democrats look like shit and the republicans can win the next election.

I hate American politics.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
"Extremely difficult" is an understatement. These dickheads can't accept that he is the chosen leader of our country and do everything they can to keep him from accomplishing anything that he said that he would do/that would help the country so that the democrats look like shit and the republicans can win the next election.

It's people who were dickheads to begin with. Boehner and other people have tried warning them and even they got flack from other Republicans.

Those select people will accept nothing less than someone nuking an entire state before giving Obama any sort of ground. But they'd still blame him for the nuke. Party has nothing to do with it, they're just assholes.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by doomded

lol wut.

It's like this regardless of whoever is in office. These "dickheads" are doing exactly what every president so far as had to put up with. And anything in your last sentence can be refuted with, he had majority in the house for a while.
Quote by blake1221
lol wut.

It's like this regardless of whoever is in office. These "dickheads" are doing exactly what every president so far as had to put up with. And anything in your last sentence can be refuted with, he had majority in the house for a while.

Every president has had to deal with ridiculous allegations that he was not born in america? that he was muslim? a terrorist? No, the republican agenda is filled with slander and bullshit because they don't have any facts to base their lies on.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by BladeSlinger
O
This is how I picture Obama doing this. Voice and all.

"Obama brings stormtroopers into debt negotiation meeting" would be much better than this thread
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
"Obama brings stormtroopers into debt negotiation meeting" would be much better than this thread

I find your lack of faith (in the economy).....disturbing.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
all i know is that the pennies with the leaves on it are now worth more than the pennies with the bearded man on it.
hue
Quote by sock_demon
all i know is that the pennies with the leaves on it are now worth more than the pennies with the bearded man on it.

I read that as "penises"
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
Every president has had to deal with ridiculous allegations that he was not born in america? that he was muslim? a terrorist? No, the republican agenda is filled with slander and bullshit because they don't have any facts to base their lies on.
You keep on slandering the G.O.P., but just remember Barrack Hussein Obama is running your country into the ground with his Marxist ideals and babykilling ways.
Quote by due 07
You keep on slandering the G.O.P., but just remember Barrack Hussein Obama is running your country into the ground with his Marxist ideals and babykilling ways.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Don't call my bluff.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by fearofthemark

That's not what blake said. What he said, and what the truth is, is that many many presidents have faced a bi-partisan government and have overcome it to get shit done that needed to get done. A democratic system is all about compromise. While I agree the republicans in congress have been pig-headed, Obama needs to work with what hes got instead of trying to drive a square peg through a round hole.
Obama stormed out because he got frustrated?

Drama queen.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by ethan_hanus
Democrats are pure evil.
Only a silly Republican would dichotomize this situation like you just did.
Quote by due 07
Only a silly Republican would dichotomize this situation like you just did.

He said while doing the exact same thing.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by due 07

I knews it!!!

Anyways, I think both parties are acting like spolied children, crying about not getting their way, and making excuse after excuse after excuse. Bottom line is, we are 14 tillion in debt, it's gonna come back and bite us, very very hard, and when it does, people are gonna say, "why didn't you do something to prevent this back then, we would of taken less pain back then over the pain we have now."

The simple answer is this, cut spending, alot of spending, yeah, it's gonna hurt people, but not as much as it would if the entire country goes bankrupt and then nobody gets anything. Fix the friken tax code, if they fix it and make it simple, revenue problem solved, raising the taxes on the wealthy, which, they consider people making over $250,000 wealthy people, when that's the starting point for the majority of small businesses, wouldn't solve anything, they would just spend that money into oblivion and then say they need to raise taxes even more to compensate, which they would just spend that too. When at the same time, small businesses are still laying people off because they just got a hike in taxes and are trying to keep their business from going under.

A tax on people making more than $1 million is a much more sensible thing, but still, not going to help the underlying issue, it's just a distraction.

Third, politicians need to grow a pair of balls and not worry about reelection and worry about how to keep the country going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The simple answer is this, cut spending, alot of spending, yeah, it's gonna hurt people, but not as much as it would if the entire country goes bankrupt and then nobody gets anything. Fix the friken tax code, if they fix it and make it simple, revenue problem solved, raising the taxes on the wealthy, which, they consider people making over $250,000 wealthy people, when that's the starting point for the majority of small businesses, wouldn't solve anything, they would just spend that money into oblivion and then say they need to raise taxes even more to compensate, which they would just spend that too. When at the same time, small businesses are still laying people off because they just got a hike in taxes and are trying to keep their business from going under.

A tax on people making more than $1 million is a much more sensible thing, but still, not going to help the underlying issue, it's just a distraction.

Third, politicians need to grow a pair of balls and not worry about reelection and worry about how to keep the country going.

Tax revision so desperately needs to happen. Our tax laws are completely fucked. You could fill multiple rooms to the brim with all the different laws and forms, it's completely ridiculous.
The 250,000 tax really isn't going to help things either, because as you said those aren't the wealthiest, at that level of small business ownership, most of your revenue is going straight back into the store.
Quote by axethrower13
That's not what blake said. What he said, and what the truth is, is that many many presidents have faced a bi-partisan government and have overcome it to get shit done that needed to get done. A democratic system is all about compromise. While I agree the republicans in congress have been pig-headed, Obama needs to work with what hes got instead of trying to drive a square peg through a round hole.

Other Presidents haven't had to work with a party that insists on calling their legitimacy into question, accused them of being terrorists, and made racially charged statements about them. The fact is, the Republicans are the ones in the wrong here. Obama is trying to meet them in the middle, but Cantor and his ilk refuse to give an inch even though the President has given a mile.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Page 1 of 4