Hello,

I'm about to make my own A/B box and pedal board, looking for advice on which position to put the A/B box and the chain I'm having.

I'm putting these pedals on: Boss ME-25, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Cry Baby, Solo Booster (needs to go in effects loop), DOD Flanger and the A/B box. Also a footswitch but that has it's own jack.

After just starting researching what should go where, and playing around with them today, I've got, first in the FX loop: Send - Solo Booster - Flanger - Return.

and in front of the amp I have:

Input - ME25 - Bad Monkey - Cry Baby - Guitar.

The ME25 channel I use for playing live is just a very clean/all knobs at 12 o clock channel with my compressor, delay and reverb effects on (since I don't have those stompboxes) and it's a tuner, volume pedal, loads more but that's what I use it for.

Bad Monkey is for using a strat for the SRV songs and for a boost on solo channel, although I use the amp's boost button on the footswitch.

Amp is a Peavey Valveking 212 (although I have the gain on about 1.5/10 as we play classic rock stuff and it seems like metal amp).

But yeah, where should the A/B box go? I'm using it to switch between two guitars for when a string snaps (had a couple of disasters) or for certain songs. In the effects loop or in front of the amp?

Help.

Cheers,

Alex.
If you're using it to switch guitars, it goes between the guitar, and whatever is next....

In your post, you said the Cry Baby is next....

that way each guitar would be hooked up to the same effects as you switch....

Quote by zubin.isaac
If its just for switching guitar I would place it at the very front of your chain.

Quote by IbanezBossShred
If you're using it to switch guitars, it goes between the guitar, and whatever is next....

In your post, you said the Cry Baby is next....

that way each guitar would be hooked up to the same effects as you switch....

that makes sense, thought I'd double check though.

thanks a lot.
Or don't worry about it. Use the ME-25's volume pedal to turn the volume to 0, unplug your guitar, plug in the new one, the turn it back up.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals