So on Monday I bought myself a new amplifier. After doing a quick sell on my Fireball to a close friend, I decided to buy myself this: http:

New Amp day!

Yep, an Engl Blackmore amp.

This amp is astonishing. While extremely versatile on its 2 channels (and 2 modes per channel), it has something to hook you up on every channel. From pop to blues to gospel to death metal. It isn't hard to equalize either, although not as simple as my past Fireball. Comparing those 2, the fireball does sound a bit tighter on the bass response while having more aggressive highs. However, that comes at the sacrifice of a bit more of the overall presence in the middle frequencies. This is annoying if you want both a good rhythm and punchy leads.

The blackmore is overall better balanced, having way increased middles in the overall contrast of lows and highs. What does this mean? It'll sound more crunchy rather than scooped. I do acknowledge the fireball does have a better relative modern tone from what we could EQ on the Blackmore, but it's not that much of a difference.

Finally, I decided to make a video with my friend's new Fireball to show everyone what the Blackmore sounds like and how it would contrast to a Fireball on clean and distorted tones.
Many tend to ask on Youtube what to buy between the cheapest Engl models to holy-grail ones like the Savage, so hopefully this can help some people have a clearer mind on what to buy. Hope you enjoyed my NAD thread!

Link: Engl C&C
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Jul 14, 2011,
Hnad
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i hate you. HNAD!
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by TheQuailman
Nice.

Blackmore's one of my favourite Engls.

You would come into the thread marked "German XXX Content Inside". I bet you were disappointed to find there was no poo to be had.

TS, HNAD!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Congratulations, you've got yourself a damn monster. In the video I liked the Fireballs clens better, but the Blackmore blows it away when it comes to the br00talz.

A little advice concerning the video though: Next time try to playe the camera in one firm position and then don't change it. An amp will sound extremely different on a camera microphone when the camera's position is changed.
Quote by LaidBack
You would come into the thread marked "German XXX Content Inside". I bet you were disappointed to find there was no poo to be had.

Truth be told, I cried a little.
Quote by DarkValo666

A little advice concerning the video though: Next time try to playe the camera in one firm position and then don't change it. An amp will sound extremely different on a camera microphone when the camera's position is changed.

You're right. I did even think of it, while recording but since the audio came out fine we went along with it. Although it probably would had sounded different as you stated. Thanks for the advice

Thanks for all the hnads so far!
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Very Sweet!!!
Thank you very much. Indeed they are
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Tyty
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Quote by TheQuailman
Nice.

Blackmore's one of my favourite Engls.

+1

out of the cheaper ones it's the clear leader, if you ask me.

sweet score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheQuailman
Truth be told, I cried a little.

i knew this was coming.

TS. hnad!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Congrats on the new amp, the Blackmore is my favourite ENGL by a long way.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Yeah, he was headbanging a bit too much. lol
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Tasty tasty tasty.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Tasty tasty tasty.

It's a lovely amplifier overall, and its detailed channels with vast versatility make it a keeper most likely.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221