The bridge humbucker has gone in my 1993 Ibanez S540 and it is about time that I buy some replacements. Been searching the internet but can't seem to find any for sale.

As a novice it would be appreciated if someone could tell me how much I should pay for the new pickups?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stewart
Dimarzios and duncans go from 65-100 dollars, usually. Anything around 30 or less is garbage. And around 200-300 are your boutique, hand wound pickups.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jul 14, 2011,
Quote by stewart12121
Thanks,

Any idea where to get some from?

Guitarcenter.com has a good selection of Seymour duncans and dimarzios. You can check dimarzio.com and seymourduncan.com to choose which one you want. Any properly stocked guitar store will have them too. If you want to go boutique, bareknucklepickups.co.uk has arguably the best pickups available.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Do you mind me asking what you mean when you say they bridge pickup has gone?
The hole in the metal plate that the screw with the spring round has grown too large. This means the screw just comes out with the spring and the humbucker just colapses in its hole.
Sucks about your problem... But I second fearofthemark, I would go with the boutique if it were me. Going cheaper would be nic but down the road you would've wished you got em!
Quote by PRS417
Sucks about your problem... But I second fearofthemark, I would go with the boutique if it were me. Going cheaper would be nic but down the road you would've wished you got em!

I never said he should go boutique

I just gave him the option. but the S540 is a $500 guitar, he could buy a brand new guitar with the money it costs to buy a set of BKPs

I would suggest a Duncan or Dimarzio. No more than $100.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I've got two S540's. Awesome guitar. The IBZ/USA pickups are pretty awesome, probably on par with dimarzio's, but if it came down to replacing them I would get some Dimarzio's insteda so I suggest you go that route. What kind of music do you play? What kind of tone do you like?