hello ug
i have 500$ for a new guitar ,, i need help choosing i waslooking at ltd ex150 and installing active pickups in it,, i currently play a ibanez rg120 ive been playing it for 3 years so i think i can finally graduate to something a little better. i play through a crate gfx1200 and i use a metal muff pedal i started gigging so i need a main stage guitar and i could use the ibanez as my back up. any advice ug? sory for the grammar im on my cellular telephone.
press ctrl + w
Quote by chestercheetah
sory for the grammar im on my cellular telephone.

lol cellular telephone.

as for a guitar, check out the ltd ec-1000. it's got a sweet lp shape, but it's a lot thinner and lighter. it gets pretty much universal praise in the reviews and its less than $800. it's also got an emg 81/60 set...do you already have actives to drop in? if not, save up a little more dough and consider buying a guitar that you don't have to switch the pups.
Personaly, I have always had a soft spot for LTD's. The ex150 is a servicable guitar, but I would save my money and get the EX-401. If you want active pickups. It already has them (EMG 81's) and its not that much more. But, if youre going to get the ex150, I personaly wouldnt go with actives, but I have never liked em much anyway. Either s Seymour DUncan JB/Jazz combo or some Dimarzio D-Activators.
Clapton is god, accept it.
Used Schecters are a good price for what you get. And active pickups with a solid state amp is supposed to be a bad combo. I can't really vouch for that much, since I don't like to touch solid state amps.
anything made by schecter. good quality guitars for a great price. I have a hellraiser and the craftsmanship they put into it is at least worth 1.2 grand when they sell it for 800. Look at The omen and Omen extreme, Or the damien and damien elite. Those series are great. Then later if you want to bump it up go with the C-1 custom or hellraiser series. Tempest custom etc..are also very good guitars.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
anything made by schecter. good quality guitars for a great price. I have a hellraiser and the craftsmanship they put into it is at least worth 1.2 grand when they sell it for 800. Look at The omen and Omen extreme, Or the damien and damien elite. Those series are great. Then later if you want to bump it up go with the C-1 custom or hellraiser series. Tempest custom etc..are also very good guitars.
This post is an example of why people hate on Schecter so much and say they are overrated. The quality you get from a guitar that actually costs 1.2 grand, like an ESP or and Ibanez Prestice, far surpasses a Schecter Hellraiser.
Quote by W4RP1G
This post is an example of why people hate on Schecter so much and say they are overrated. The quality you get from a guitar that actually costs 1.2 grand, like an ESP or and Ibanez Prestice, far surpasses a Schecter Hellraiser.

Hmmm...But the point is not to pay 1.2 grand...so thats obsolete.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Hmmm...But the point is not to pay 1.2 grand...so thats obsolete.

No the point is that the Hellraiser isn't as good as a 1.2 grand guitars, since you stated that they were.