Been after a new amp for ages, was originally gonna get a Marshall 6100 but after scouting around for what would be a workhorse amp, I came across Blackstar and was sold lol. Was gonna record some clips but (would you believe it) after playing it in for a bit today I get a noise complaint from the neighbours lol first noise complaint in 8 years of playing, not bad going. So will hopefully get around to doing some clips on the weekend.

Head - HT 100

Harley Benton 2x12 (Vintage 30's)

Family shot with teh Vox to be sold
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Jul 14, 2011,
Played that amp the other day.

Not my cup of tea, but a pretty good sounding amp.

HNAD

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Hnad. Always have been fond of the blackstar tone myself, and the neighbors complaining is part of knowing is wrong with the amp lol
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Well I think the neighbours complaining had something to do with the fact that the ground beneath my feet was shaking quite violently for around 2 hours due to more excessive volume than I normally use But you know how it is when you get a new amp, just can't help but crank the sucker
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Very nice amp. HNAD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
HNAD
Nice, HNAD

I have to ask, how well does it do early Satch? Considering you were looking for a 6100 and settled for this...
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Haven't played early Satch on it yet but played a little chickenfoot earlier and it worked for that awesomely. I'm loving the variety on it between the 2 OD channels, was playing some GnR earlier and the OD1 channel was perfect for WTTJ then OD2 was awesome for Mr Brownstone. I know they were both played on the same amp by Slash (his stolen marshall) but the crunch on OD1 on the classic/vintage voice sounds very JCM800 to me so I can see that being the main tone, OD2 I find more like the JCM900 I just sold (wanted more variety) so know what I can do with that (also on classic/vintage voice).

Gonna put it through the paces with Satch stuff on the weekend. I wouldn't say I settled for this, I was planning on getting the 6100 pretty much just for home/studio use (it was signed by Jim Marshall plus is rare amp so wouldn't wanna gig with it) then get a Blackstar as workhorse for gigging and my "main" sound I suppose, the deal with the 6100 fell through though so just went for a higher watt Blackstar, made everything a lot easier actually lol.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Jul 14, 2011,
Quote by Lespauljames
I too am replacing my jcm 900 with a blackstar, coinkidink? lulz, 3 posts on a hnad, im obsessive

Funny you should say that but the guy who bought my JCM900 off me was torn between getting that or a Blackstar HT-60 lol.....I turned into a toothy salesman though, who needs friends right?
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
damn, if i had tried out the ht 60 when i got the jcm, i would have found the amp i have been looking for for ages! haha, i played through a freinds artisian, and thought that it wasnt my cup of tea, too much of a vintage tone, i love vintage, but it wouldnt have got much use. so after that i thought a blackstar wouldnt be for me, but i was very very pleasanly surprised. whoop!
enjoy the head, and let us know how you get on with it.
Sexy. I do love Blackstar, but I can't afford the higher-end models which are the only ones that could pull off what I play.

I don't own my HT-5 anymore.. Expect a N(u)AD soon. I've just been lazy and haven't posted it yet
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Haven't played early Satch on it yet but played a little chickenfoot earlier and it worked for that awesomely. I'm loving the variety on it between the 2 OD channels, was playing some GnR earlier and the OD1 channel was perfect for WTTJ then OD2 was awesome for Mr Brownstone. I know they were both played on the same amp by Slash (his stolen marshall) but the crunch on OD1 on the classic/vintage voice sounds very JCM800 to me so I can see that being the main tone, OD2 I find more like the JCM900 I just sold (wanted more variety) so know what I can do with that (also on classic/vintage voice).

Gonna put it through the paces with Satch stuff on the weekend. I wouldn't say I settled for this, I was planning on getting the 6100 pretty much just for home/studio use (it was signed by Jim Marshall plus is rare amp so wouldn't wanna gig with it) then get a Blackstar as workhorse for gigging and my "main" sound I suppose, the deal with the 6100 fell through though so just went for a higher watt Blackstar, made everything a lot easier actually lol.

Sweet man, gonna have to try one of these now and see how it stacks up with my XXX (with which I have no problem getting good Satch tones). Can't wait to hear some cl1pz
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

Were the neighbors pissed or did they just give you a gentle reminder about the sound level?

I'd say for now it's a gentle reminder but tomorrow is another day
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15