so, i have a decision which i'm completely on the fence over. months ago the headphone jack in my ipod broke, it now only plays sound through one ear and as a result it's just become a portable hard drive with my music that never gets unplugged from the computer. it's gonna cost around $60 to get it fixed (i have money so thats not my concern).

but the question i ask myself is, do i really even want to get my ipod fixed? i used to listen to that thing aaalll the time, whenever i left my house it would be on and i wouldn't turn it off unless i needed to. i walked around for hours on end with it. probably at least 3-5 hours a day i spent listening to it. now that i don't have it all the time, i've started looking at people who walk around listening to music and i just think "wow...they're such an easy target. they've cut off their entire sense of hearing from the world." and then i look at myself as i've done that quite a bit too. on the other hand...i love having all that music on me (my ipod is 120gb, almost full), being able to go for a walk and listen to anything, and used it frequently during meditation.

i've noticed that since it broke, i haven't been able to really invest my time checking out new albums/bands in depth as now that the ipod is always connected to the pc, thats the only time i hear tunes and i'm always doing something else while listening.

tl;dr version: should i get my ipod fixed?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Have you tried using different headphones? Whenever I only get the music in one ear it's because my headphones are broke.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
i know for a fact that its the ipod that has the problem. other headphones bring the same problem
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Quote by TheTortured
i've noticed that since it broke, i haven't been able to really invest my time checking out new albums/bands in depth as now that the ipod is always connected to the pc, thats the only time i hear tunes and i'm always doing something else while listening.

I'm in the same boat since I can't carry my ipod with me anymore and my ipod dock in my car doesn't work anymore. It sucks.

I'd say yes. If it bothers you how cut off you are, just limit your use.
if you bought your ipod within the last year, apple will fix it for free.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
if you bought your ipod within the last year, apple will fix it for free.

IIRC, the 120GB was sold between 2008 and 2009.

Quote by Vampire 255
IIRC, the 120GB was sold between 2008 and 2009.

ah.

Well if the repair is $60, just buy a new iPod instead. Use the old as a backup or an external hard drive. The new ones are only $249, and have 40 extra gigabites. you did say that your current one is full, TS.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
ah.

Well if the repair is $60, just buy a new iPod instead. Use the old as a backup or an external hard drive. The new ones are only $249, and have 40 extra gigabites. you did say that your current one is full, TS.

If he does get a new one, I'd say wait until September to see if Apple releases a new iPod Classic this year.

buying a new one is out of the question for me. i can always make revisions to the music thats currently on my ipod. i think i might fix it.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Quote by TheTortured
so, i have a decision which i'm completely on the fence over. months ago the headphone jack in my ipod broke, it now only plays sound through one ear and as a result it's just become a portable hard drive with my music that never gets unplugged from the computer.

This just happened to my ipod too, but I listen to my ipod with a cassette adapter while driving all the time. The internal battery was also so old and worn down that the battery life was only like 40 minutes, and I didn't feel like going through the trouble of getting that replaced. So I just said "**** it", bought a new 160 gig, and put my old ipod away until I feel like getting it fixed.
You can get it fixed? The Apple store told me I had to buy a new one.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
if i do get it fixed, it won't be by apple. **** them
i'll be getting it fixed by a third party
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass