Hey all,

So I got my VMNT1 today, and I think the straplocks are Dunlop flush mounts, I've never dealt with these before and this sounds ridiculous but how do I put a strap on them? The large circular bit on the end makes it too hard to try to fit the holes in the actual strap around the straplocks.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Does it have an E clip? Pull it off, put on strap and put E clip back on.

EDIT: oh yeah the washer goes over the strap before the E clip.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Jul 14, 2011,
If what I think you have is correct, what you're actually looking at is two halves of the straplock system:
There's one part that's supposed to go on your strap, that locks into the button, and
There's the button itself.

The 'big part' you mention should have a smaller button in the middle. Push it, and pull the big part off. The part that just came off attaches to your strap. It should unscrew and then screw back onto your strap through the usual button hole. Once you do that, just clip them back on to the buttons.

If that's not the case, disregard this whole thing. The strap locks may be in the case, too.
ive got one of these, and that first link is 100% correct..but on aside note....isnt the flush mount idea AWESOME?
Quote by slingshotjr
ive got one of these, and that first link is 100% correct..but on aside note....isnt the flush mount idea AWESOME?

I like my Schaller strap locks. Even if the locking mechanism failed, the guitar wouldn't fall off.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I like my Schaller strap locks. Even if the locking mechanism failed, the guitar wouldn't fall off.

Don't bet on it. Take it from a fella who trusted it. It's not the nut that comes loose but the U shaped deal turned around without him knowing about it and the guitar crashed to the floor. Serious damages.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+