I'm a beginner and bought a Drive CD200R.

I'm looking for a pedal that will let me play a Metallica-80's-like sound, that can let me switch from clean to lead with a simple pedal push, "clean-up" the sound and can apply some nice sound eddects (ex: wah-wah).

I found on the internet many positive comments about the boss me-25 and wonder if this multi-effects pedal can fit my (basic) needs? Is it compatible with my como amp? As my amp has a "clean/lead" button, will it be able to make a switch from the pedal?
I'd rather get the rp355. http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp355 Check it out. It's much more versatile and has more amps and effects. (IMO, I don't like how the me25 sounds)
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 14, 2011,
I've always thought Boss MFX pedals sounded much much better than DigiTech ones, but that is just an opinion. I've got a Boss MFX (the GT-6, which sounds a bit overboard for what you want, but they are dirt cheap, so if you see one going second hand definitely check it out) and I really really like it, and it did what you're saying just right - simple emulation.
You can't use the ME-25 to switch your amp channel. The ME-25 is probably not your best choice. In that price range I'd recommend the RP355 or the Zoom G3.

The advantage of the RP355 is the expression pedal. The advantage of the G3 is that it acts more like 3 separate pedals and has a 40 sec looper synced to the internal drum machine. If you want an expression pedal you can add the $30 M-Audio EP-1.

Both the RP355 and the G3 have a drum machine, which is something a beginner should be using for practice. Even though the G3's looper synced to the drums may be a bit out of the scope of your needs. If you put the effort into it, you will have a lot of fun as it's a real creative boost.

I recommend either of the two.
I have the ME-25 and I'm very happy with it. Cool effects and decent distortions, and very easy to use.
I have no sig
Quote by fly135
You can't use the ME-25 to switch your amp channel. The ME-25 is probably not your best choice. In that price range I'd recommend the RP355 or the Zoom G3.

The advantage of the RP355 is the expression pedal. The advantage of the G3 is that it acts more like 3 separate pedals and has a 40 sec looper synced to the internal drum machine. If you want an expression pedal you can add the $30 M-Audio EP-1.

Both the RP355 and the G3 have a drum machine, which is something a beginner should be using for practice. Even though the G3's looper synced to the drums may be a bit out of the scope of your needs. If you put the effort into it, you will have a lot of fun as it's a real creative boost.

I recommend either of the two.

+1

Listen to fly, he knows his mfx units.

And fly, how's the g3?
Thanks for your answers.
But how about switching my amp channels (lead to clean)? Is it possible with the RP355 or G3?
Yes, the rp355 has an amp a/b switch, so on a preset you can have any two amps and to switch amps back and forth, just press the switch.