Hey guys

I'm looking for a guitar that has all of those:

-Set in neck (no bolt-ons)
-Active pickups
-24 frets
-Floyd
Maple fretboard

Is there like... any guitar like that? I've seen the ibanez 3550, but it does have that little annoying single coil in the middle. ESP MII is cool too, with maple fretboard, but has bolt-on neck... I liked Schecter C-1 hellraiser, but it has rosewood fretboard.

Really, does a guitar like that even exist? Up to 1500$
good luck with that mate, most maple boarded guitars are bolt ons in anycase
Schecter loomis is cool but it's a 7string, and my band plays in D standard and mostly,- drop C so it's like missing the point of a 7 :S
i was waiting till someone posted an agile model. I'm from the UK so I don't know much about these other than what American users have said about them
Quote by theknuckster
Careful with that one though, it doesn't have a Floyd Rose, just one of the licensed copies. Might not be too bad, but it's not a FR.

I own 2 Agile Interceptors
I also own a Loomis Signature, and a PRS SE Torero
and the Agile's licensed floyds hold up JUST as well as the Originals on the Loomis and Torero

There's a reason they're $600 but it's not in the Floyd.
Last edited by xXYoung.BloodXx at Jul 14, 2011,
Carvin

The CT6 and Single Cut are set necks, have 24 fret versions and have optional maple necks and OFRs. The DC series are neck through, 24 fret standard and optional maple/OFR. Neither have active pickups though but you can get them installed second. For <$1500 you might have to go with one without a quilt/flame top and pretty finish and you'll have to wait 4-6 months but you're getting a custom made instrument.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by theknuckster
Careful with that one though, it doesn't have a Floyd Rose, just one of the licensed copies. Might not be too bad, but it's not a FR.

The FR's on Agiles are pretty good IIRC. I have one on my Interceptor Pro, but I don't exactly use it much. If I had actually bought it new or whatever it wouldn't even have a tremolo.
Found one.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Zoltan-Bathory-Signature-ASM-Electric-Guitar-584455-i1503549.gc
No active pickups, but you can drop those in pretty easily.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Found one.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Zoltan-Bathory-Signature-ASM-Electric-Guitar-584455-i1503549.gc
No active pickups, but you can drop those in pretty easily.

ummm rout for battery compartment??? Not trying to claim I'm the most knowledgable on mods, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fall into the "pretty easily" category.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have an EMG 81/60 in my LTD H-301. That guitar came with passives, no battery compartment. It fits easily between the pots. I honestly don't know where people got the idea that you need to route for a battery.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I have an EMG 81/60 in my LTD H-301. That guitar came with passives, no battery compartment. It fits easily between the pots. I honestly don't know where people got the idea that you need to route for a battery.

I stand corrected
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by ethan_hanus
Why maple fretboard and active pickups? You wont even be able to tell the difference between rosewood or maple with actives, prolly why most people just use rosewood, it's easier, and there's no difference in tone.

I'm almost going to guarantee that he isn't choosing the fretboard wood based on sound but based on the visual appearance of a maple fretboard.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
I'm almost going to guarantee that he isn't choosing the fretboard wood based on sound but based on the visual appearance of a maple fretboard.

Yes. Because it's rather rare and looks amazing <3 I'm leaning towards 3550MZ now. There's a bolt-on but with super reachable 24th due to the construction.
Quote by MvAgusta
Yes. Because it's rather rare and looks amazing <3 I'm leaning towards 3550MZ now. There's a bolt-on but with super reachable 24th due to the construction.

I don't know about rare haha but yes they do look rather stunning IMO. The RG3250MZ is also great as I'm a huge fan of the Ibanez desert yellow finish. And I'll tell you what, there's a reason almost every single Ibanez Prestige has a bolt-on neck as opposed to neck-through and set-neck construction. When I was looking at my Prestige S series that I have now, I was considering a deluxe series ESP LTD with a neck-through and, while it was nice, I played better on the S and the all access neck joint Ibanez uses is absolutely fantastic. Even with reaching all the way up to the 24th fret, there isn't that big of a difference. And take it with a grain of salt when people say you get more sustain from a neck-through... on a cheaper model maybe, but in this price range, don't listen to them. You can hold up a guitar with a good bolt-on neck by the headstock without even having the screws in the neck joint. They're that tight if they're made well, and the Prestige models are. I have never run into sustain issues on my S series and while they aren't the best choices for sustain, it sure has enough for it's weight.

So if you really can't deal with the bolt-on, don't bother because the last thing you should do is settle for your guitar, especially when you're preparing to drop as much money as your price range suggests. I prefer the bolt-on construction myself for Prestige models and if you end up going with the RG, you won't be disappointed. I haven't played the RG3550MZ myself but I've spent a decent amount of time with the desert yellow RG3250MZ and it's a great guitar and can take a beating.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at Jul 15, 2011,