Ok this isn't really an NBD because i've had it this bass since the first week of january but I kind of forgot about you UG. So here we go with My NBD thread.

Obligatory case shot of an old and clunky looking Epiphone case.
But what's inside?

It's my Epiphone Jack Casady Signature Bass. Yes it's hollow, you're eyes are not deceiving you.

More pics

Now for the Backstory. I Play bass in LITMA, the Long Island Traditional Music Association orchestra. We mainly play irish reels and jigs like marji's wedding and road to lisdoonvarna. When i brought my old squier p-bass and amp to a show a guitarist/mandolinist/banjo-ist commented that my playing was very good but the bass didn't blend well. He said that he would bring his jack casady bass and loan it to me and "whether the loan is for minutes days or months we'll see." Lo and Behold there it was at the next practice. He also said that if I play it to much we can always replace the frets so i took that as an exhortation to play it. A lot.

So fastforward 6 or so moths and he still hasn't asked for it back and doesn't show any signs of ever wanting it back (he has another jack casady bass and he barely plays bass anyway) so I'm going to start calling it mine.

Now for the Specs.
Maple top and back with a Mahogany resonation block
Mahogany set-in neck with a rosewood fingerboard
34" scale and 20 frets with a 12" radius
Volume knob Tone knob and a 3-way impedence selector which i'll get into later.
one JCB-1 (jack casady bass) humbucking soapbar pickup.

The neck is a little bit chunkier than the standard MiM Jazz but thinner than a Precision neck. it feels really comfortable to me and I have big hands. The impedence selector has 3 positions 50, 250, and 500. 50 sounds almost like an acoustic bass and is a very natural bass tone I use this folk or mellow stuff or LITMA. 250 is a mix between the acoustic and electric tone and it's what I use for jazz or modern pop usually. 500 is the most bassy and closest to an electric sound that this bass produces, I use this for blues and Rock and the rare occasions when i play metal. I'v played around with this bass a lot and it lasts well. It's difficult to get a traditional slap tone out of this bass and when i slap the strings sometimes click on the pickup but the click doesn't get picked up by my amp. as far as I am aware there's no way to alter that because the pickup and it's mounting ring or one piece and it isn't adjustable (i think). the case weighs a ton but it can really take a hit. The bass itself is not that heavy and I feel a marked difference when I pick it up after playing my brother's warwick. This Bass really is like a perfect for me and I use it for a lot of stuff, in Jazz Band, LITMA, my instrumental power trio, my ill-fated thrash metal band, and the current alt-rock band I have forming. It can keep up in any of those styles of music (except for maybe the metal) and i don't think I'll get a new bass for a while unless someone else happens to give me one.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
I have halfwounds on it right now but when i get sick of those a set of flats are my next acquisition
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf

Your house is very classy looking. A match with that classy looking bass. Nice steal (literally).
I have heard nothing but great things about these basses. Seriously man I am jealous of you.

HNBAD (Happy New Bass Acquisition Day)
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Actually came into UG today to see if anyone had any experience on one of these basses as there's one locally for pretty cheap. Alas, I REALLY need to stop listening to G.A.S and save for my end of year trip HNBD!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
does it neck dive at all? neck and headstock looks chunkyyyyy. good shit though. great looking hollowbody
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
yea it head dives but i have a well built strap so it usually stops at about parallel with my waist.
Strauss!

Quote by AeolianWolf

Awesome!! Love those basses!

HNBD!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by will42
you're eyes are not deceiving you.

My are eyes are not deceiving me...

Grammatical... Error... So... Common...

HNBAD.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Also, The JC is SEMI-Hollow.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
thats a sick looking bass, and i want it really bad, but who is jack cassidy? like what band is he in?
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by oz_bassist
Actually came into UG today to see if anyone had any experience on one of these basses as there's one locally for pretty cheap. Alas, I REALLY need to stop listening to G.A.S and save for my end of year trip HNBD!

What is G.A.S?
Quote by housemd
What is G.A.S?

The "attidue" of musicians at shops that physiology cannot explains

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
^

Quote by housemd
What is G.A.S?

Gear Acquisition Syndrome, I believe.

Basically, you look at stuff at go "WANT".
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by ETHANEVIL
thats a sick looking bass, and i want it really bad, but who is jack cassidy? like what band is he in?

Jefferson Airplane.

was Alembic mad when he got this bad boy? I mean they started as a company just making him sound cool.

more important than that guy, Nick Harmer from Death Cab used one of these for a while.

well, important to me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Hey, can you give me the internal dimensions of the case I'm looking for something that will fit my Ripper
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.