If I found a maple, or similar 2x4, Could I use it to make a neck or do they cure them differently than they would a slap of maple?

There are absolutely no real lumber yards in my county for about 70+ miles
So im wondering if this could be a cheap alternative
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 14, 2011,
The biggest cause of a warped neck is using wood that hasnt cured long enough. If you can find something that you know is old you have a better chance that it has already set. Typical lumber yards are not usually a good source for old wood. I'm assuming that you're in a rural location if there are no lumber yards around. Are there old barns in your area? Steal a board from an old barn. Of course, you might get something that really sucks, like oak (which changes with the weather). Identifying the type of wood by just looking at it is a skill that few people have.
Sorry about the mix up. I forgot to put the link in with my first post, It's online for $30

I dont live in a rural area at all, I live in the smog capital of the country. 2 hours north of LA
There's only lumber yards with plywood here
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan