Page 1 of 4
Hello fellow forum goers, I would like to take a trip over to Europe sometime in the next year, and I want suggestions as far as where I should go, and what I should see. I'm planning to spend the most time in Ireland, England, and Germany. I'm also planning on going to Israel and maybe Egypt (depending on how things are going there at that point).

So where should I go? What should I see?

Here are some countries/cities/things I already have in mind. I certainly won't be able to go to all of them but feel free to give me any thoughts you may have about them.

Ireland (Republic of)
Dublin
Cork

England
London
Hadrian's Wall/some of the Roman forts
Liverpool
York

Germany
Munich
Aachen
Berlin
Frankfurt am Main
Stuttgart
the Black Forest region in general

Israel
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Acre

Other places I'm interested in but may or may not have time to visit
Switzerland
Austria
Italy
Greece
Sweden
Finland
Spain
France

At most I'll probably take about a month or so to travel, and I want to try to see as much as I can. Of course I won't be able to make it to all of these places, but that's why I'd like some input from people that have experience with these places.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone wants to hang out with me while I'm traveling I'd be happy to buy you a beer.
Go for a day trip to all.

Sorry
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
There are a lot places in the Irish countryside that are gorgeous if you're into just sort of driving somewhere and enjoying the scenery.
If you're looking for amazing scenery, anywhere in europe is generally good but Croatia is especially beautiful. Im not even croatian and i want to go there more than my own Italy. Look up Cerveno Jezero, Plavo Jezero and Klavica on the Trebezet for some examples. It's like europe's most overlooked country, it looks absolutely amazing.

Of course then you'll just rent a boat and scoot over to Italy
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by a cobweb
go to belfast instead of cork

This man is wise.

Then you could go to the Mourne Mountains. The Antrim Coast is also beautiful.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jul 14, 2011,
My friend is in Germany now and says the beer is amazing and that they have it in vending machines. I never knew that last part
Belfast and Amsterdam
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
Quote by SG_dave
You have to go to Amsterdam.

HAVE TO.

Edit: also in Ireland you might want to look into seeing the giants causeway.

+10000, Amsterdam, and erm somewhere in Ireland as they are generally real uphearty drinkers. London, more of a cultural party place, and the above Amsterdam, not sure of any other places.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
I see you've got York there, my job is done.
Oh and since you said you want to go to some Roman fort, I think the home of the Lost Legion of Rome is good enough. Up the Eboracum!
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Serbia, or any former Yugoslav nation. If you go to Kosovo you will be treated like a god, assuming you are American and even if you're not you could just lie.

Also if you see a handsome badass mofo running the streets in Dublin, that's me.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Practically anywhere in Italy. Don't just consider it, do it.

DO IT.

DO IT.

DO I- Sorry, I'm standing too close.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jul 14, 2011,
Choose Italy over Germany any day....and don't go to liverpool...go to oxford if you want a lovely town.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Wait you say you want to visit Europe, yet your location is Lancaster.

Don't tell me there's a Lancaster in the US. Because stealing York, Jersey and Manchester off us is bad enough.

Also, when visiting York go to The Shambles. You can't miss it since York is so small and The Shambles is suck an old street and stands out.
Quote by SG_dave

Don't tell me there's a Lancaster in the US. Because stealing York, Jersey and Manchester off us is bad enough.

Also, when visiting York go to The Shambles. You can't miss it since York is so small and The Shambles is suck an old street and stands out.

Lancaster, Birmingham, London, pretty much every UK city exists in America

Italy!!!
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by SG_dave

Aye. In Pennsylvania. Lancaster city, which is in Lancaster County, which is next to York County.

Quote by Skullshredda
Choose Italy over Germany any day

Nah. I'm definitely going to Germany. Most of my family came from Germany to America at one point or another. Plus I studied German for 5 years when I was in school.
Quote by daytripper75

Aye. In Pennsylvania. Lancaster city, which is in Lancaster County, which is next to York County.

Oh yeah! York gets a shire in the UK, a county in the US and probably the most famous city in the world is named after us. Banging.

my buddies said austria was the most beautiful country they visited in europe. also said it was most expensive
Quote by SG_dave
Yorkshire born and bred

Good lad, where abouts?

Prague

For beer and fatty/meaty food

Maybe space it out with Germany so you have time for your liver/heart to recover a bit
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by SG_dave
Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

Was looking at going to York for Uni, but fell in love with Leeds as a city

OT: Go to Bratislava daytripper. I hear that they love american currency.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NuuJQT8ZM

Good man, I have a soft spot for Rotherham United Don't even know why, I just like being them on Football Manager and FIFA

But yeah, on topic, can't go wrong with Berlin and Barcelona.

Quote by Trowzaa
Good man, I have a soft spot for Rotherham United Don't even know why, I just like being them on Football Manager and FIFA

But yeah, on topic, can't go wrong with Berlin and Barcelona.

The local teams suck.
Donny Rovers had a good run to get from the conference up to League 2, 1 promotion a year. But they've just got stuck and seem out of place. Rotherham Utd have alway been shit.

But I'm more of a Rugby man, so ignore me

How could i forget Barcelone. Such a beautiful city. I spent 2 hours just staring at the Sagrada Familia. All of Gaudi's buildings are beautiful.
Last edited by SG_dave at Jul 14, 2011,
i'll just say from my past experience that the exchange rate between the euro and pounds ****ing blows. took a ferry from france to england. had a decent amount of euros, after i exchanged them i came out with like 20 pounds. but, uh... you should go to amsterdam (har har, cliche) but keep track of the days. germany is really nice, saw a really beautiful lake i don't remember the name of and went on this luge thing in the mountains. pretty sure i was in the black forest area, cool castles in germany too, cool dungeons
I hope you enjoy Germany, I am always surprised by the travel, cleanliness and alcohol. Also being there helps your language skills greatly.
If you do get to London and you're feeling a bit lonely, there are about 6 of us who live nearby and meet regularly who would all love to make another UG friend.
Quote by Tentonics
I hope you enjoy Germany, I am always surprised by the travel, cleanliness and alcohol. Also being there helps your language skills greatly.
If you do get to London and you're feeling a bit lonely, there are about 6 of us who live nearby and meet regularly who would all love to make another UG friend.

Yeah I've never really heard any bad things about traveling in Germany.

I'd definitely take up that offer when I make it to London. I'd be more than happy to meet up with any UGers that I can along the way.
I wouldn't spend that much time in Ireland/England, there's just more interesting and different places to visit on the continent. Start from west to east.

I'd do a trek in Spain/Portugal (look at the Camino De Santiago trails) and see Santiago Compostela or Seville in Spain.

If you have the budget, then visit Italy, Florence and Venice are particularly pretty.

There are various Greek islands which are great fun, but my favourite being Crete, specifically the old town of Haifa.

Then I'd head north to Czech and stay in central Prague for a few fun days, then you can fly home from there, maybe passing through Amsterdam, Bruge in Belgium or Germany.

I've been to Egypt and Israel many times, and I wouldn't advice you go to either. Israel just isn't very pleasant anymore, and Egypt CAN be amazing... but I imagine if you go to a tourist city you'll be very disappointed.

Have fun!
Why are you only going to the Republic of Ireland? We have the Mourne Mountains and the Giant's Causeway. And 'St Patrick's grave'.
come to manchester and we'll speak about how shit it is here.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Page 1 of 4