First post!
Anyone know a good practice amp for the home for around £500 / $750?

Not for gigging, just around the house. I got a Les Paul custom and telecaster deluxe so looking for an amp versatile enough to go from hard rock to twang. Ideally looking for warm tone and gain at moderate levels I guess.

I have spotted the Marshall Haze but know nothing about them what are they like?

Cheers
The Haze sounds pretty bad, IMO. Just... lifeless, flat.

IMO, the Peavey Vypyr Tube is the ultimate practice amp. You could get the 60W combo and a Sanpera I or II easily in your budget.

Not sure if you're looking for a simple amp or not though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
In particular, what bands tones would you like to sound like?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've heard good things about Blackstars. I've heard absolutely amazing things about their clean channels, and I've heard that their dirty is suited for metal up until Metallica. Anything gainer than that would need a pedal. Check out the HT-5 or the HT-20. I'm still trying to get in somewhere to play one.
Quote by :Vicious--
*solo* touchdown!

Quote by Here_is_no_why
One word:

Spidercopter.
Quote by benforster
thanks I'll look into them. Yes looking for a simple amp ideally

the big problem is that it's hard to get a simple amp which does such a wide range of tones... you might have to compromise either on the simiplicity or the range of tones available.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
....unless you buy a Screamer.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You might disagree, but i've always loved a Blues Jr with a drive pedal on the top of it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Tom 1.0
....unless you buy a Screamer.

yep, sure, though it does depend on the subjectivity of the word "simple". for some people "simple" means a volume and tone knob, in which case the screamer is still pretty complex.

But I agree, i mean personally i'd consider the screamer pretty simple, certainly considering the number of channels and range of tones in there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?