i got a peavey valveking with Mesa 6l6's in it for $250 and found a kustom 4x12 for $89. however, the paint on both grills were pretty awful. the cab's grate was fairly rusted. so i painted that black, put my band's logo on it and made the head's grill metallic gold. thoughts?

nope, still in the band. i got the head of a guy on craigslist, i managed to haggle him down from 300 to 250. the cab was the cheapest i could find anywhere, it was buried in the corner of the local hole-in-the-wall music store.
I'm not trying to be an ass, but that cab "paint job" just looks like rather poor graffiti :/
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by hardcore81
that's because it is rather poor graffiti

Well handled, sir.
Where's Waldo?
chad... have you added more llamas to your sig or am I just going crazy from 3am?
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
chad... have you added more llamas to your sig or am I just going crazy from 3am?

maybe...

I don't know if I should tell you, that would ruin the fun, right?
Where's Waldo?
probably...

I'm so tired I probably won't remember about it in the morning anyway... my daughter decided not to sleep tonight... apparently 6 month old babies can't be threatened with loss of toys if they don't lay quietly in bed, she just doesn;t seemt o grasp what I'm saying
Ibanez WD7 Wah
I actually originally planned not to have the gear and just have it be a wall of llamas, but it didn't work out, stupid 9 limit...
Where's Waldo?
that looks pretty terrible, if I saw anyone playing that I would bet they are like 13 years old. If you want to paint the grill you should get it powder coated.
Quote by Kyleisthename
that looks pretty terrible, if I saw anyone playing that I would bet they are like 13 years old. If you want to paint the grill you should get it powder coated.

or at least have used tape to create a clean edge....
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Kyleisthename

Wow, what a nice person, that was the least candid statement I've head in my life. will haunt you in your sleep!

Seriously, nobody ever uses the or even the for that matter.
Where's Waldo?
I dont use because :wally: doesn't work, wally being his name on this side of the pond
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
I dont use because :wally: doesn't work, wally being his name on this side of the pond

What about the poor s? What did they ever do to you?
Where's Waldo?
llama stampede killed my goldfish....
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
llama stampede killed my goldfish....

Honestly, sounds like a Frank Zappa song title.
Where's Waldo?
I'm worse for spewing crap when I'm sleep deprived than when I'm drunk, p.s. updated my sig for you
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
I'm worse for spewing crap when I'm sleep deprived than when I'm drunk, p.s. updated my sig for you

Llama stack = WIN²
Where's Waldo?
I dont see why you would bother spray painting it or even showing people that it was in fact you that did that to it..
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 14, 2011,
Quote by phayzze
If your in a punk band it might work....

Yeah, but the real thing to do is ask yourself, "Would Joe Satriani do this?". If the answer is no, you're doing it wrong.
Where's Waldo?