So I have a Gibson SG Special and I really want to put a tremolo on it. I want to get a bigsby that looks like this but they all say they are designed for arch top guitars. Also I don't want to have to drill into my guitar.

The other type I am considering is one similar to this but I don't know where to find one.

does anyone know if they will fit my guitar without drilling and where to find them?
At first I was like,"Oh crap, not another one that wants an FR in every guitar..." but you proved me wrong, thankfully. I'm no expert on Bigsbys but it looks like the bottom one will take no routing, if it drops into the tailpieces spot and the strapholder spot. The other one doesn't look like it will work wothout routing, and it looks like the end would be just on top of the guitar, but I can't see as the pictures are not to scale.
Where's Waldo?
you would need a B5 for an SG i think.
you can find maestro vibrola's on Ebay.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Real men use a Floyd......

And the one with the picture of the sg is called a maestro tremolo or maestro vibrola. There are some bigsby models that will sit in the holes that the bridge fills now.

The maestros run about 100 bucks on eBay, and I've never seen them anywhere else.
I can tell you for sure that a Stetsbar will work with no modifications. Floyd Rose also made a tremolo system for mounting directly onto tune-o-matic/stopbar guitars, but those are only on ebay every once in a while now.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Get a Vibramate and a bigsby. With the Vibramate their is no drilling required.

If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by dale-banez
I can tell you for sure that a Stetsbar will work with no modifications. Floyd Rose also made a tremolo system for mounting directly onto tune-o-matic/stopbar guitars, but those are only on ebay every once in a while now.

yup, just keep an eye on ebay.
Quote by LTGeordiLaforge
will that work with all Bigsby tremolo's or only the B-5?

They make a different vibramate for each of the different bigsbys.

Edit: link to website>>>> http://www.vibramate.com/
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Jul 15, 2011,
i've always wondered about those "les-trem" things that fit directly onto the stopbar studs. i have no experience with them, but they seem like the easiest and most cost-effective option.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.