Hola UG, posted about my amp a while ago but couldnt do a realy NAD cause it had blown tubes there for had no way of reviewing it. but now, its back in my room and it is time for my review!

Crate BV150: bought somewhere around 2000-2002 (not exactly sure) USA Handmade, 3 channels, 4 outputs, effects loop, and a TON of knobs to fck around with, including basic 3 freq EQ on each channel, a mid freq selector on each channel, level, and gain on each channel as well. there is also a global Eek (acts like a high boost, presence?) knob and Ugh (bass boost) knob. on the back are knobs for fx loop in level and a seperate one for out. i also found another knob just labeled "level" under a slave out (if someone can explain to me what that is that would be great). there is a Hum balance hole that im assuming is some sort of noise gate? moving on.

Channel 1 : This is the clean channel, has all the basic knobs with options of choosing mid frequencies from 300-3k. lots of headroom on this channel and can get barely any dist with the gain knob turned pretty high.

Channel 2: This is a medium-gain channel that goes from the light ac/dc type dist to somewhere in the realm of higher gain blues and stuff. mid freq.'s go from off-1k....yea....you can turn the mids off. makes for an interesting crunch sound.

Channel 3: this is an amazing high gain channel. Has HUGE versatility with mid freq.'s from 10k (being the lowest) to 2k (a lot more mids). this channel can go from where the crunch channel is to high gain leads like an evh type sound. being a huge fan of tool, it was the first tone i dialed in and it got pretty damn close.

Further analysis: This amp is extremely bassy (pro) with its cab and the jj 6l6's and pre-amp tubes. ( not stock ) the gain cleans up very easy with rolling your guitars volume back. 1 con that i find is that the gain maxed out on the 3rd channel isnt too high which could easily be solved with an OD. its a heavy MOFO anf is loud as amps get (150w).

ill be posting pictures later tonight after im done playing it so any questions in the meantime ill be glad to answer!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Pics or its a Devries Custom running into a spider III.
Bet all of you forgot about them, now I have to haunt you with the memory
JK

But HNAD man, hope you like it
Where's Waldo?
Hnad!!!! welcome to the BV club!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Pics Incoming!

watch em glow

JJ 6l6gc's

Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by ethan_hanus
Dear God that's alot of tubes. Enjoy replacing the tubes come tube change time

Nice amp though, can't wait for some clippies.

i JUST got them replaced thats why i didnt post an initial NAD. just got it back today
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
i JUST got them replaced thats why i didnt post an initial NAD. just got it back today

How much did that one cost you?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
How much did that one cost you?

took it to a fancy place....the thing hasnt been maitenenced in 11 years (since the original owner bought it). replaced 6 power tubes and 8 pre-amp tubes. cost me $375. also replaced a knob and a fuse or 2. along with cleaning and whatever
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
took it to a fancy place....the thing hasnt been maitenenced in 11 years (since the original owner bought it). replaced 6 power tubes and 8 pre-amp tubes. cost me $375. also replaced a knob and a fuse or 2. along with cleaning and whatever

Did you ever think of combining the money for the actual amp and that 375 to get something better?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Did you ever think of combining the money for the actual amp and that 375 to get something better?

considering i got the amp for $150.....and its an amazing amp, no sorry cant say ive considered it
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
considering i got the amp for $150.....and its an amazing amp, no sorry cant say ive considered it

Why didn't you say that in the fist post?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32

Why didn't you say that in the fist post?

lol it was in me other thread
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Sweet man. Glad it was only tubes and nothing major.

I wonder how the channels compare to the BV120.
glad you got it back okay.

happy official nad.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Niceee!!!!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Sorry for double post, but when u have clips, pm me plz
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig: