Poll: Which Way do You Bend?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Way do You Bend?
Up
10 16%
Down
1 2%
Mostly Up
31 49%
Mostly Down
9 14%
Doesn't Matter
12 19%
Voters: 63.
So I was just wondering whether you guys bend upwards or downwards. I commonly bend up (A good 98% of the time, I guess that's more than commonly), but today I was playing Norwegian Cowbell by Paul Gilbert, and found myself bending just one note, the one at 1:15 in that video, downwards, and now its just bothering me on why I did that, but it sounds just as good so I really don't care. So, which way?

Edit: By the way I would consider myself to be Up.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by throwshapes
I bend the low strings down and the high strings up generally.

Yeah, You have to do that sometimes, but that doesn't really count cause its a restriction, unless you're going off the fret board you can't bend the Low E.
Where's Waldo?
I bend just whatever way without thinking; my cousin always freaks out for some reason and calls it "old school" when he sees me bend one way then another LOL.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Jul 15, 2011,
It's all relative really. Usually on the higher strings I bend up and the lower strings down or if I'm going up from one string to another I'll bend the direction that I'm going. So if i'm playing a scale and ascending I'll bend downwards and descending upwards. Also it has a lot to do with the finger I use. I usually bend up with my middle, ring and pinky and down with my index finger.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
On the top three strings I bend down, and on the bottom three it's up. (By top three, I mean low E, A and D). Although, sometimes if I'm going for a large bend (more than a tone) I bend down, don't know why.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
e-D up, A n E down. Can get much more power down plus you don't bash off the top of the fretboard.
Last edited by chord-me-like at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by barefootboy
toward the center of the fretboard

This is how I also bend, which means I bend the lower strings down and the higher strings up. I depends ont he string you're playing on.