I could get any of these amps for around the same price, let me know which one is best for my situation.

I like a strong distortion, I play anything from Megadeth to some 90s rock.

I might be playing out soon, smaller things but still 30+ people.

Okay so here they are:

Peavey vypyr - 100 watt one - $270 the bummer is Guitar center is selling them 330 new haha. Wouldn't come with a pedal

Vox Vt100 - 300 with a pedal

Marshall mg150 head + 412 cab - 270 with a footswitch

Thanks.
vypyr
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by PetetheIII
Marshall mg150 head + 412 cab - 270 with a footswitch.

Whichever you decide on, Don't get this one. Just don't do it.

I've heard lots of good about the Vypyr, but not much about the Vox. If these are your only options, I'd have to say go with the Peavey.
Where's Waldo?
I remember playing a marshall mg a coupla years back. the distortion is saturated as ****. hella fake. clean's are alright. Idk i wouldn't recommend that. Honestly if you can just test them that'd be your best bet.
The Vypyr and the VT are great . You should try them both to choose correctly.
Just don't get the MG.
Hola.
Get the Peavey Vypyr with the Sanpera footswitch, either the Sanpera I ($100 i think 4 presets) or the Sanpera II ($200 12 presets) it would be worth your while man, MGs are horrible my lead singer in my band is also a guitarist and uses an MG270DFX or w\e it's called and it blows, i have to turn contour knob up a lot for the mid-range and it's a shitty mid-range at that. If you can try to get a tube Vypyr, tubes over solid-state anyday of the week!
Quote by blackbird51
Get the Peavey Vypyr with the Sanpera footswitch, either the Sanpera I ($100 i think 4 presets) or the Sanpera II ($200 12 presets) it would be worth your while man, MGs are horrible my lead singer in my band is also a guitarist and uses an MG270DFX or w\e it's called and it blows, i have to turn contour knob up a lot for the mid-range and it's a shitty mid-range at that. If you can try to get a tube Vypyr, tubes over solid-state anyday of the week!

Not always true.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I got a Vypyr...It sucked
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
Last edited by carr4600 at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Not always true.

Yeah, The JC-120 is supposed to have the best cleans ever. (James Hetfield uses one) and BB King used Solid State amps.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Yeah, The JC-120 is supposed to have the best cleans ever. (James Hetfield uses one) and BB King used Solid State amps.

Ehh, it has amazing cleans, I wouldn't say the best ever.

And I think BB King is overrated imho
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
look for a used peavy ultra plus combo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Ehh, it has amazing cleans, I wouldn't say the best ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gDeGdQ3rM

Watch it, or at least the ending solo. You may still think hes overrated, but he's damn good.

And I said "supposed to", never played one, so I wouldn't know. That's just what Iv'e heard.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Guitarbaddie

Oh, you heathen

Of the 3, I'd pick the Vypyr, but are you gigging? Do you really need 100watts?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Guitarbaddie

And when you have 15 grammy awards people will start to care.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

This to guitarbaddie
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by gregs1020

To be fair, Christgau has never written any award-winning singles or albums. I don't even think he's ever released a single song, but maybe I missed something. That never stopped him from being a respected critic. And Roger Ebert? Another renowned critic, and for his writing credits in the medium about which he writes, look him up on imdb. Lemon land. I'm not saying Guitarbaddie is right, but I am saying your counterargument is inadequate.

On topic? Of the three, Vypyr, though yes, the wattage seems a bit extreme. At least the volume's there if you really need it...
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by chadreed32

The TS wants something with good distortion. Neither of those examples are relevant. The distortion on a JC120 is disgusting and BB King never uses distortion.
If all the TS wanted was cleans then that would be a fair enough comment, he doesn't so it isn't.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by chadreed32
Don't forget about the Randall RG100es. Just listen Crowbars more recent stuff (like this recording).
Bb King is a legend, but I did ask a question guys haha.

Yes I'll be doing some smaller gigging as I said in the question.
Quote by slipknot_420

Quote by gregs1020

This to guitarbaddie

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Where's Waldo?
If you want distortion there is a Krank Rev Jr in Guitar Center's used section right now for $299. I think the sound pretty good.
Quote by BobDetroit
If you want distortion there is a Krank Rev Jr in Guitar Center's used section right now for $299. I think the sound pretty good.

Unless its a Pro, its not really that great for metal without a boost. Even then I find the normal Jr lacking.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Unless its a Pro, its not really that great for metal without a boost. Even then I find the normal Jr lacking.
Well, what $299 amp isn't lacking in something? I still like it better than the other amps he has listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af8qHOCupo

here's Paul.. lol (I think he needs to buy a tuner..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VVPv8WUKE&feature=related
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 16, 2011,
I had a Vypyr 75 for around a year before moving to a 6505+, and honestly I kind of miss it.

That amp will do you fine for metal and rock, and the cleans are pretty awesome. Also a 100 watt should be plenty loud for small gigs... I played a gig with my 75 doing melodic death metal and it was loud enough for over 70 people. It was one of the louder amps there(I only put the volume at around 5ish.

So from experience I can heartily recommend the Vypyr, especially at that price. The footswitch is handy but not entirely necessary unless you want to switch presets really quickly.
You might want to see if you can find a used Vypyr Tube 60.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??