How do you guys deal with trying to find people to play what you want to play? I live in an area thats seemingly dominated by hard rock/alt rock players, which is not what I play. But I want to find people to form a band with or at least a lil jam group
I'm jealous; I wish there were more people here into alternative.... around here, it's all about the 'core....
i would just put up flyers and adds and such. i'm sure there are a lot of musicians willing to play anything as long as they're playing. thats how i feel anyway.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Quote by southpaw_tdg
i would just put up flyers and adds and such. i'm sure there are a lot of musicians willing to play anything as long as they're playing. thats how i feel anyway.

This. Then you can combine all your different styles for something new?
"I choose to be alone." -- Megadeth

I do my thing, despite no one else sharing my vision.

However, you could try an internet ad.
do you possibly want to rename this thread?
individually, ants have an IQ less than one
together, as a nest, they have a collective intelligence greater than most humans

reminds me of Australians
I know what you mean about not having people who share your interest. Here, it's mostly country whereas I play things like Post-Grunge and whatever you could classify Disturbed as.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Well you see, at least there are other musicians there.

Quite literally, besides me... No one of the age of 35 or younger are musicians or play any instruments. Not pulling your leg.
My town has about 800 people in it. In my entire school (Pre-school - Grade 12) 137 students, exact number), I am the only musician.

Be happy you have people there that actually play instruments.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Finding people to jam with isn't hard. Hang out at a music store sometime. Often actually. 1 - 3 times a week.
Eventually, you will meet up with someone that may have similar interests. Or at least a jam partner or 2.
Nobody ever wants to play with me
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Nobody ever wants to play with me as well. I have a friend who plays bass and is open to many genres, but he isn't commited enough and I haven't talked to him for over a month. I have a "friend" who plays drums but he excusively plays metal. He isn't happy with anything I do unless it sounds like it was taken out of a Disturbed song.

This will all change when I become a good composer and have my own car.

Also TS, what do you play? It might go well with an alternative rock sound.
Quote by skylerjames13

Quite literally, besides me... No one of the age of 35 or younger are musicians or play any instruments. Not pulling your leg.
My town has about 800 people in it. In my entire school (Pre-school - Grade 12) 137 students, exact number), I am the only musician.

Dude, since the 6 or 7 other people my age went to Uni, I am the only person under 25 in my area None of them played an instrument either.

But yeah TS, just advertise. If you're in school put up flyers around there, around town, in venues if there are any, pubs etc etc.
Even on here, just post in the Ads forum and wait out, someone might get back to you
In my area it's all pop/punk which I can't stand or derp de herp metulz bands.

I like metal but not the mind-numbingly boring shit they play. Prog is where it's at
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
No one wants to form a Massive Attack cover band with me
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by skylerjames13

my college is almost 3 times as big as your town.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Around my area, everyone is either into folky poppy stuff like Laura Marling, or pop garbage
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
i have a blues and jazz scene here, albeit with a few neoclassical wankfest-shredders.

i like blues and jazz
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by KTFM
Play with yourself.

Shit, beaten to it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I put an ad on a site called join my band - And got a band member out of it. He knew a drummer and we started a band from there!
Quote by shattamakar
No one wants to form a Massive Attack cover band with me

Sucks you live in India, cause I'd be into that.

And playing in a genre you don't like with a band > playing alone. Played in a pop/rock cover band for a while when only the singer wanted to do pop/rock and everyone bar the singer always had heaps of fun. I think I'd play any genre as long as I'm adequate enough.
When did the pit become the new Ask Van Hammersmith?
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Gutted. I go to a college with 3000 16-18 year olds. Many of whom play instruments

Once you get talking to someone who plays an instrument ask what kind of music they like and if they're similar just ask them to jam
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Jul 15, 2011,
Go to concerts in your area, meet people. Your musical interests should be similar since your at the same show. schedule teh jam sessions.
good luck, more often than not people will either want to take complete creative control, or the whole group will want to emulate 2 or 3 bands they like (what happens if you join a ska band)
oh, and i forgot the kids who make the facebook/myspace before they even have a drummer or any music of their own (the ska band i joined briefly had t shirts made before they had a guitarist, drummer, or any material)
all you really need is a drummer.. maaaybe a bassist and you get a good jam going. I live in an area where there's a lot of metal players, so it's hard to find good musicians around here
hue
Everybody around here plays metalcore ala A Day To Remember and Parkway Drive, or Pop Punk like Green Day or Blink 182.

My one friend hasn't been able to jam with me for months for whatever reasons he has for it, while the vocalist we used to jam with is pretty much only interested in metalcore and the only other metal band that he likes for the most part is Metallica, but he wouldn't want to do their stuff either.

I wish there were more jazz and thrash/death metal players here
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.