Another Gem from Greece, just released their first full length album. The band combines black metal with a defining atmospheric presence and a good measure of blackened jazz and progressive musicianship.

There are few bands that when releasing a first album has such a defined sound which cannot be mistaken for anything else. Definitely going to give their album much more spins it's definitely an avant-garde journey through of black metal and new directions this genre can be taken.

MySpace Profile

Psychonautic Odyssey
Carnivora's Lair
hmm got a tool like tone to my ears, but with more balls.
Def enjoy this sound.
That a cog reference in your sig?
Could you please explain what 'blackened jazz' means? Minstrels with saxophones, perhaps?

Vocals sound like they're whispered into the microphone, no power at all. Crappy modern metal drum beats, boring riffs...cant really see too much to go on here. Don't see how it's black metal either. Not for me.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by las7
Another Gem from Greece, just released their first full length album. The band combines black metal with a defining atmospheric presence and a good measure of blackened jazz and progressive musicianship.

There are few bands that when releasing a first album has such a defined sound which cannot be mistaken for anything else. Definitely going to give their album much more spins it's definitely an avant-garde journey through of black metal and new directions this genre can be taken.

MySpace Profile

Psychonautic Odyssey
Carnivora's Lair

This post is a post which can quite mislead people... They are a modern band yes, but a good one. It's nice to hear a Greek band not resting on the Greek Scene's laurels. Less inspired by Rotting Christ and such, although the presence is still there.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by MoogleRancha

"Charlie Parker is a huge influence for me"

I had to google Charlie Parker certainly not an influence on me

Still enjoying this album up there with a few other for best of the year for me
^ Wait. You had to google Charlie ****ing Parker... Explains pretty well why you claimed that Aenaon has some Jazzyness to them...

Cause honestly, while there's some avant-gardisms and stuff, mostly sounding like Arcturus, there's not any jazz, really. Not real jazz anyway. Not like say, Ved Buens Ende or Fleurety anyway.

And after liking it at first, the thing really faded fast for me. Some good stuff here and there, but I deleted it. It lacks in many things that Black Metal needs. Not even close to those albums that are up there in my favorites of BM from the year....
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
^ Wait. You had to google Charlie ****ing Parker... Explains pretty well why you claimed that Aenaon has some Jazzyness to them...

Cause honestly, while there's some avant-gardisms and stuff, mostly sounding like Arcturus, there's not any jazz, really. Not real jazz anyway. Not like say, Ved Buens Ende or Fleurety anyway.

And after liking it at first, the thing really faded fast for me. Some good stuff here and there, but I deleted it. It lacks in many things that Black Metal needs. Not even close to those albums that are up there in my favorites of BM from the year....

I don't listen to Jazz? So Charlie Parker holds no relevance to me

Anyhow do provide recommendations as to what you though was good thus far this year - I've listened to Glorior Belli; W.A.I.L.; Atriarch; Caïna; Ravencult; Aosoth; Blut Aus Nord; Wolves in the Throne Room and Dekadent.

Dekadent & Wolves in the Throne Room's new albums are the other releases I enjoy.
Regardless...I'm pretty sure my 10 year old sister knows who he is and she likes Selena Gomez...
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
Regardless...I'm pretty sure my 10 year old sister knows who he is and she likes Selena Gomez...

Good for your sister then, I don't understand why she should but if you feel it's that important - be proud.
Well, I guess if you're okay with being culturally ignorant and inept, so be it.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by las7
I don't listen to Jazz? So Charlie Parker holds no relevance to me

Anyhow do provide recommendations as to what you though was good thus far this year - I've listened to Glorior Belli; W.A.I.L.; Atriarch; Caïna; Ravencult; Aosoth; Blut Aus Nord; Wolves in the Throne Room and Dekadent.

Dekadent & Wolves in the Throne Room's new albums are the other releases I enjoy.

When you claim that there is some jazz touches to Aenaon, he damn well should hold relevance. It is generally expected that if you claim something has some touches of another thing, you know something about both/listen to both. Sort of like if I were to say Lantlos has elements of post rock, I am kinda expected to know something about post rock. Then again by your choices for favorites from BM this year, I'm beginning to think you dont know shit about BM either.

And as far as BM from this year, you might just be hopeless because holy **** new WittR is bad. And you also listed numerous other which blow it, Dekadent, Aenaon, and Iskald out of the water. Those others being Blut Aus Nord, Ravencult, Aosoth, and WAIL.

Problem is, Iskald is so... Well, it's like Dimmu Borgir. Black Metal-lite. Poppy. Feels dishonest. And Aenaon is just lacking in overall staying power. They play it too safe instead of revelling in the Arcturus influence. WittR I wont even start on. And Dekadent is just embarrassingly bad.

But I'll humour you. My favorite few releases from Black Metal thusfar have been:
Aurvandil - Yearning
Aaskereia - Dort wo das alte Bose ruht
Negative Plane - Stained Glass Revelations
Grimoire - A la lumiere des cendres
Helheim - Heidindomr ok Motgangr
Infestus - E x | I s t
Helrunar - Sol
Skogen - Svitjod
Sorgeldom - From Outer Intelligences, Vithatten
Taake - Noregs Vaapen
Waldgefluster - Femundsmarka
Arckanum - Helvitismyrkr
Brocken Moon - Hoffnungslos
Nightbringer...
Ravencult, BAN, WAIL, and Aosoth also get mention here.

Cant be assed to write any more.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"