hi guys,
i am thinking of buying the line 6 pod studio ux2. i know that comes with pod farm 2 standard edition. i searched on line 6 website and found some add ons including metal shop with some amps for metal stuff but i'll have to pay for this. If i buy pod farm platinum editon will i have the amps that metal shop add on offers or i'll have to buy this seperatelly?
Quote by Poglia
I think you will get all of them if you buy the platinum edition.

I think this is correct. For some reason the Line6 website won't open on my computer so I can't verify there, but I did find this review. For $300, you'd better get a LOT of tones.

Not sure if it's come down in price, but I definitely wouldn't pay that much for PodFarm tones. I have a UX1, and I don't even use the computer sims any more. I just mic up my amp and bypass all of that. If you're happy with your guitar ----> amp setup, that $300 might be better spend on a nice microphone. Although, if you're set on using computer sims, I'm sure there are much better out there for $300.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I think this is correct. For some reason the Line6 website won't open on my computer so I can't verify there, but I did find this review. For $300, you'd better get a LOT of tones.

Not sure if it's come down in price, but I definitely wouldn't pay that much for PodFarm tones. I have a UX1, and I don't even use the computer sims any more. I just mic up my amp and bypass all of that. If you're happy with your guitar ----> amp setup, that $300 might be better spend on a nice microphone. Although, if you're set on using computer sims, I'm sure there are much better out there for $300.

actually i won't buy it. i found it on the internet and it works perfectly the 2.5 version.
my guitar is an esp viper standard series and i have a peavey vypyr 30 watt amp. its a good amp but i found some presets on the web from a guy that has the same guitar with me and the ux2 and the sound is perfect.
Quote by Einar Hansen
I have an UX2. I went Guitar rig 4, and i never looked back to Pod Farm again.

guitar rig 4 is like pod farm? is a program with amp sims and you can use it with other recording software?
Quote by zarzonis
guitar rig 4 is like pod farm? is a program with amp sims and you can use it with other recording software?

Yup its one of the better computers modelers, although its high gain models aren't as dynamic as those in the Peavey ReValver.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
Yup its one of the better computers modelers, although its high gain models aren't as dynamic as those in the Peavey ReValver.

can i use all this programs with ux2?
UX2... that's an input interface right? I can't be arsed to go google it now... but you'll def need an IO interface to feed the signal into the computer. If it is an IO, yes it'll work with Guitar Rig or ReValver.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by zarzonis
can i use all this programs with ux2?

yes... the UX2 is just the interface... i have had guitar rig 4, amplitube 3, revalver and pod farm 2.5 all running at one point or another with my studio GX (cheaper version of the UX2)..

although i've upgraded to a pod HD500 and havent looked back... just my .02
im going to buy ux2 this week. well i have a peavey vypyr 30 watt amp for my guitar but i have it also for computer speaker. when i buy the ux2 i want to use the vypyr amp as the output of the ux2. can i do that? if yes what should i use to connect them? sorry but i am noob at this so i dont know what i should do.