hey ive had my guitar set up to be in drop c about 2 months ago. It is an edwards alexi e-al-128 with ernie ball heavy bottoms and with the floyd rose attached obviously. I want to tune it to drop b, would i be able to do this without having to reset the floyd rose, since i very rarely actually use it. Also will the action lower if i tune down, or will it raise? Thanks
p.s Would be standard be fine without having to reset the bridge?
Yes, since your tuning an entire step down., and the action should lower as the tremolo will be dropping into the body
sorry im kind of a noob at this but will having a tremolo thats dropped into the body damage the neck or anything from increased pulling of the strings (so i would have to rebalance it), or can i jsut leave it like that
I beleive the neck may be fine, but i think that damages the trem
Id reccomend lessening spring tension
Last edited by TylerM262 at Jul 15, 2011,
Block your trem with a piece of wood since you don't use it anyway. Problem solved forever.
Quote by Black Hazard
Block your trem with a piece of wood since you don't use it anyway. Problem solved forever.

This too. I forgot about that as I use mine
hmm when you say it may damage the trem, you do mean the bridge itself and not the actual bar right. Also i probably will block it off since i rarely rarely use it, but where exactly do i put the wood, just straight underneath the trem?
Yeah, block it off and you can go back and forth between Drop B and Drop C. However you might want a thicker string gauge depending on what you're using now. I think 11-56 or 11-58 would be perfect (to get that I usually just have to buy a 7-string set).
Quote by aaron366
hmm when you say it may damage the trem, you do mean the bridge itself and not the actual bar right. Also i probably will block it off since i rarely rarely use it, but where exactly do i put the wood, just straight underneath the trem?

Yeah the bar has nothing to do with the bridge other than moving it.
I beleive you put 2 blocs on either side of the trem inside the cavity