I've already asked this in Line 6 forums - no answers.

so i'm going after a Richie Sambora tone ,i know he used Marshall JCM 800 in 80s and 90s .I also have a Boss SD-1 pedal , which he uses.His amps settings are something like Gain-6, Bass -5 , Mid - 6 , Treble - 6 and he uses the SD-1 for a boost

The problem i state below is all about the sound being really hollow ,not full and thin.

Recently i bought a Line 6 Pod 2.0 because i thought it would be better than my Marshall MG 30DFX .I read every page of the manual and did everything needed , tried bunch of settings and all the banks .The clean and blues banks and amps sound just perfect , but when it comes to crunch or any other overdriven amp or bank , the sound is extremely hollow , tried changing the settings and cabinets , through some of the cabinets you can barely hear a sound as it sounds extremely bassy and hollow .Other amp sounds are extremely trebly even if the bass knob is all the way up.The best sound i could get was with the 1990 marshall JCM 800 bank with custom settings and cabinet set to OFF and my amp settings mixed with POD settings but still ,the sound was pretty hollow.I tried connecting my speakers , which are not bad ,instead of my amp speaker, but same problem occured.I can't figure out what the problem is ,it even seems that my amp (Which is an absolute garbage) sounds better than the POD..Can anyone suggest anything?Anyone else struggled with this?
Thanks
Are you using your SD-1 into podfarm?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Are you using your SD-1 into podfarm?

I plug my guitar into my sd-1

Guitar -> Sd-1 -> POD -> Amp

This problem is still there if i turn the SD-1 off
Hm. No clue man...you could be doing any number of things wrong. Try without the SD-1, use the cab sims, try changing the mic, etc.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals