hi everybody i could use some help from you. i'm building a strat out of a mexican body and warmoth neck. i'm just can't choose if i would take a Maple or Rosewood fretboard. it's going to be a arctic white strat( 4 years old so look a little more yellow) whit a tortoise pickguard and all the hardware is going to be gold. I don't mind if it's rosewood or maple. i like them both to play. but what do you think LOOKS better?

or

it's also going to have vintage style tuners and all the hardware is going to be gold but i could not select that in the fender guitar builer.
I'm usually a rosewood kind of guy but that color looks way better with maple.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Dude, that looks exactly like the Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat, which I have.

That being said, maple all the way!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I would say rosewood but it looks a little odd haveing the headstock still maple.....so

MAPLE!!!!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
do you only care about looks? if only looks, then maple.

if you also care about tone, then rosewood.
Quote by 00_hns_00
do you only care about looks? if only looks, then maple.

if you also care about tone, then rosewood.

well that would really depend on what tone he likes wouldn't it

maple looks WAY better.........but then I am a maple guy so

tone wise the maple one will be a lot brighter than the rosewood, which a lot of people don't like (see post above ) because you lose that bottom end for rhythm
well, i just assume that people don't want icepicks shoved into their skull, which a strat can totally be, unless you have either

A) a gem
B) good eq skills.
If youre putting together a custom strat, at least try not to make it look like you bought it used at guitarcenter.. theyre all the same now, I made sure no one else would have a strat like mine, I ****in love it.

and those jacks talking about tone, The fretboard does NOTHING to it. Hell the body hardly has an impact on tone. Unless youre using extremely shitty pickups. GFS has you covered.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by SKArface McDank
If youre putting together a custom strat, at least try not to make it look like you bought it used at guitarcenter.. theyre all the same now, I made sure no one else would have a strat like mine, I ****in love it.

and those jacks talking about tone, The fretboard does NOTHING to it. Hell the body hardly has an impact on tone. Unless youre using extremely shitty pickups. GFS has you covered.

Oh so all of the master builders and luthiers that have been working with guitars for their lifetimes are all wrong and may as well be using a chunk of ply that fell of of a truck? All of the research put into the resonance and density of different species of wood is all incorrect and invalid and you are, in fact, the only one who knows how guitars work? Who are you, visionary mystery man? I wish to grow up to emulate you one day; if I can only muster a fraction of your wisdom I may one day change the world.

Remember this: Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it can't be understood.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Ive recorded frequences using a Squier made out of particle board and my mim's alder body. Hardly a difference. And virtually no difference to the tone. Only thing affected was the sustain, obviously, but not too badly.

Everything was the same except the body.

But kindly link me to all that research youve done, or obviously poured hours and hours into studying, or link me to a "master builder luthier" saying the body is the most important to tone

Who the hell are you? You're 18 and you think because everybody on a guitar forum is convinced that wood has everything to do with tone.

The tonewood thinking came from acoustic where it ACTUALLY matters. Electronics are 90% of the tone you get, the rest being the actual body.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by SKArface McDank
Ive recorded frequences using a Squier made out of particle board and my mim's alder body. Hardly a difference. And virtually no difference to the tone. Only thing affected was the sustain, obviously, but not too badly.

Everything was the same except the body.

But kindly link me to all that research youve done, or obviously poured hours and hours into studying, or link me to a "master builder luthier" saying the body is the most important to tone

Who the hell are you? You're 18 and you think because everybody on a guitar forum is convinced that wood has everything to do with tone.

The tonewood thinking came from acoustic where it ACTUALLY matters. Electronics are 90% of the tone you get, the rest being the actual body.

To be fair he never said anyone considers it the most important part of your tone.

Although if you can't hear the difference between, say, Maple and Mahogany bodies, then you might need to visit an Audiologist.

I'll agree that the wood isn't that big of a factor, but it is clearly a factor. A noticeable one at that.
care to post them there frequencies?

oh, and post a video showing both guitars, the brand and age of strings, and the amp, and the eq settings for both guitars, and the mixing software used for recording, and go into detail about how you processed your tone through the mixer.

see what i did there? one shitty setting in that whole line of what it takes to record, and everything could sound the same.

this is where i accuse you of using line6, and you need to post pictures to verify your setup.
Quote by 00_hns_00
care to post them there frequencies?

oh, and post a video showing both guitars, the brand and age of strings, and the amp, and the eq settings for both guitars, and the mixing software used for recording, and go into detail about how you processed your tone through the mixer.

see what i did there? one shitty setting in that whole line of what it takes to record, and everything could sound the same.

this is where i accuse you of using line6, and you need to post pictures to verify your setup.

I like you.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
If the neck is going to be a warmoth, get a Pau Ferro Fretboard!

Otherwise, I think rosewood looks better, the "blending with the scratchplate" makes it look like their meant to be for the same guitar, and I don't like how the maple fretboard looks next to the headstock
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Personally, I don't like the way a finish fretboard feels against my fingers. Also, when the finish wears, it look aweful. So I out pick the rosewood.
Given the choice, I would never pick rosewood over maple on a strat. Ever.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212